Widgets Magazine

Thread: Grazinglands Research Laboratory

Default Grazinglands Research Laboratory

El Reno Selected As One Of Seven Climate Hubs Nationwide

EL RENO, Oklahoma - The Grazinglands Research Laboratory in El Reno has been named as one of seven Nationwide Climate Hubs, something the US Department of Agriculture hopes will give citizens one location for information.
    "I think dynamic is really the best way to describe Oklahoma's climate. I would say Oklahoma is the bull's eye for a lot of those issues," said Dr. Jean Steiner.

Steiner and other researchers at the Grazinglands Research Laboratory keep track of those climate changes, and now their lab has some help.

"This is an opportunity for us to take our research to the next level," Steiner said.

The research is a joint effort with labs stretching from College Station to Stillwater and into Kansas.

"We call them fuzzy borders," Steiner said.

They all report back to the El Reno lab to track climate changes and provide application within the Southern Plains Climate.

- El Reno Selected As One Of Seven Climate Hubs Nationwide - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
    Honestly not sure of the significance of this, but it seems like they would construct a cool research center or perhaps even a research park here. It seems there is already a structure built. Very cool for El Reno and I hope some good comes out of this.

Default Re: Grazinglands Research Laboratory

I've never understood how that town has never really done much. For a long time it really was one of the bigger towns in Canadian county. Over the years Yukon and Mustang have pretty much dominated it, of course the fact that they are closer to OKC probably helps.

Default Re: Grazinglands Research Laboratory

It didn't help that the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad repair facility closed down.

Thread Information