Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
Take it down a couple of notches.

It's my hometown and where my entire family lives and works. I care a great deal about Edmond. So much so that it pains me to see the unsustainable path the city is on.
I actually agree with you and JTF about Edmond centering and focusing its efforts on I-35 and Covell, however I--for whatever reason--think this area might turn out to be more than what people are making it out to be. Edmond has also shown great interest in urbanizing its core and encouraging a commuter rail for the OKC metro.

As much as I like 6 lane streets, if I had my way, Broadway into downtown would be narrowed to one lane each with sidewalks widened and a streetcar running from downtown to UCO. For the Covell/I-35 development, I am glad Edmond is choosing to widen the road to 6 lanes.

Hopefully this area really fills in and this is the final sprawl for awhile until we can really get some major infill. I think Edmond is doing some great things. I am in the middle of a plan I will be submitting to Edmond ranging from concerns to widening 2nd ST., the new Covell portions, its downtown, the service roads. I have been working on a few renderings(they're not anywhere as good as yours were for the BLVD, but its something) and some other infrastructure layouts.