Widgets Magazine

Thread: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Development at any cost. It's the Edmond way.

Default Re: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Development at any cost. It's the Edmond way.
    This particular McDonalds is actually nicer than the majority that are being built.... Edmond is a very nice little suburb and has received many awards. We get it, you don't like suburbs. Go back to your concrete jungle and Dallas bashing while 20 story high-rise every other week are being announced there while here we have 100+ page thread over a crappy downtown 14 story building lol

We need to deflect from that by bashing Edmond. Why do you even open the Edmond thread when you clearly do not like suburbs and what they stand for?

3. Default Re: Covell and I-35 Development Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This particular McDonalds is actually nicer than the majority that are being built.... Edmond is a very nice little suburb and has received many awards. We get it, you don't like suburbs. Go back to your concrete jungle and Dallas bashing while 20 story high-rise every other week are being announced there while here we have 100+ page thread over a crappy downtown 14 story building lol

We need to deflect from that by bashing Edmond. Why do you even open the Edmond thread when you clearly do not like suburbs and what they stand for?
    Take it down a couple of notches.

It's my hometown and where my entire family lives and works. I care a great deal about Edmond. So much so that it pains me to see the unsustainable path the city is on.

It's my hometown and where my entire family lives and works. I care a great deal about Edmond. So much so that it pains me to see the unsustainable path the city is on.
    I actually agree with you and JTF about Edmond centering and focusing its efforts on I-35 and Covell, however I--for whatever reason--think this area might turn out to be more than what people are making it out to be. Edmond has also shown great interest in urbanizing its core and encouraging a commuter rail for the OKC metro.

As much as I like 6 lane streets, if I had my way, Broadway into downtown would be narrowed to one lane each with sidewalks widened and a streetcar running from downtown to UCO. For the Covell/I-35 development, I am glad Edmond is choosing to widen the road to 6 lanes.

Hopefully this area really fills in and this is the final sprawl for awhile until we can really get some major infill. I think Edmond is doing some great things. I am in the middle of a plan I will be submitting to Edmond ranging from concerns to widening 2nd ST., the new Covell portions, its downtown, the service roads. I have been working on a few renderings(they're not anywhere as good as yours were for the BLVD, but its something) and some other infrastructure layouts.

"the unsustainable path the city is on." Can you elaborate on that please? What is this unsustainable path and why do you think it is unsustainable?

Thread Information