Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
^

Yes, I've heard many times that that Whole Foods has far surpassed projections and that they deeply regret not having built a larger store at that location. Yet, if not for a ridiculous incentive deal by Aubrey McClendon, they would not have even been in this market at this point.

That neighboring Anthroplogie is out-pacing the one in Utica Square as well; which is amazing given it's stand-alone location.

I've said all along that Trader Joe's would be more popular in OKC than Whole Foods and I'll stick by the prediction knowing that particular WF is blowing out their numbers.

And I bet the same would be true for Costco. Also, the Sprouts/Sunflower stores seem to be killing it as well.

OKC is *hungry* for grocery and retail options, that's for sure.
I completely agree. OKC defies formulas typically used by retailers when selecting locations. I have no doubt Trader Joe's, Costco, or even a real full-line grocery chain like Kroger or H-E-B would be a huge hit here. People here are ready for better options. Unfortunately convincing retailers to depart from their proven formula isn't easy without massive incentives so OKC too many times gets the short end of the stick.