Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Help me understand what this has to do with Cleveland... Or me slighting Texas. This guy has a chip on his shoulder because we all hype the other Texas cities besides SA.
I'm assuming it's because you brought up Cleveland first. Before Plutonic and before myself. We were simply responding to your claim.

You get your panties in a wad to defend suburban places in every thread. Texas has great cities, but anyone coming on here ranting and raving about how much better SA is than Austin has to be insane. This is an urbanism forum. Not a suburban sprawl fan club, for which I agree SA would be superior.
And if we are talking about urbanism, then San Antonio is doing just as well. As I have said countless times, more than 1,000 residential units have gone up in the urban core in the last year. Another 2,000 residential units are proposed or under construction in the urban core. The Pearl alone is currently building a 10-story 102 unit residential building and plans are to build multiple towers that will add up to 800 units.

That's just one small area of the urban core.

Heck, the condo market is heating up too. The two largest penthouses in downtown sold this year for $2.5 and $2.9 million respectively. The 2.9 million dollar penthouse sold this past week.

San Antonio had the first bike share program, San Antonio B-cycle, in Texas and now the largest bike share program in Texas. It started in 2011 and today, as I said, it is the largest bike share in Texas and the second largest B-Cycle program in the US behind only Denver. 52 stations with nearly 500 bikes spread throughout the urban core and some even go beyond the urban core. If you look at that picture, that's a ten mile difference between the northern most bike station and the southern most bike station. And more stations/bikes will be added in 2014.

San Antonio is adding a new civic park and urban transit district, with a strong focus on mixed-use develop, in the urban core.

San Antonio is adding street car to the urban core.

San Antonio is adding a medical school to the urban core.

I can keep going.

Hell, San Antonio now has the second largest food truck scene in Texas.