Widgets Magazine

Thread: Some amazing pictures of Seattle!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Some amazing pictures of Seattle!

Seattle is amazing and I try to get up there once a year. We have family on the other half's side which makes it nice. Seattle is one of my top 3 cities to relocate to whenever I decide to pull the trigger. Traffic isn't the best, but what can you do. LOL

The weather really isn't that bad. To tag on to what Thom points out - yes it may rain a lot, but rain in Seattle is equal to a light shower or sprinkle here. Sure they get storms and heavy rain from time to time, but it isn't like down here where having a nice constant light shower is rare.

Default Re: Some amazing pictures of Seattle!

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Seattle is amazing and I try to get up there once a year. We have family on the other half's side which makes it nice. Seattle is one of my top 3 cities to relocate to whenever I decide to pull the trigger. Traffic isn't the best, but what can you do. LOL

The weather really isn't that bad. To tag on to what Thom points out - yes it may rain a lot, but rain in Seattle is equal to a light shower or sprinkle here. Sure they get storms and heavy rain from time to time, but it isn't like down here where having a nice constant light shower is rare.
    My wife has only visited in July, August and September, and every time it has been a Chamber of Commerce day - 70s and 80s, clear skies, light breeze. She's always said she would love to live there. I have been in every month, and while I know I can stand it, I don't think she could handle the grey skies over the long term. Of course, drive an hour and a half west, and you're pretty much on the moon, so you can escape if you have a car!

3. Default Re: Some amazing pictures of Seattle!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    My wife has only visited in July, August and September, and every time it has been a Chamber of Commerce day - 70s and 80s, clear skies, light breeze. She's always said she would love to live there. I have been in every month, and while I know I can stand it, I don't think she could handle the grey skies over the long term. Of course, drive an hour and a half west, and you're pretty much on the moon, so you can escape if you have a car!
    Yeah, for me...growing up back north...grey skies are the norm from October through like April, with sporadic breaks in between. It isn't for everyone, but those clear days where you can see Rainier and St. Helens...and I'm pretty sure Hood at times, makes it all worth it.

My late wife and I really enjoyed Seattle, but I think if I was going to live there, it would be somewhere on the peninsula. I do think I would get tired of their weather though.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    To tag on to what Thom points out - yes it may rain a lot, but rain in Seattle is equal to a light shower or sprinkle here.
    Right...that's what my brother said. More like what we'd consider a drizzle or sprinkle. And while this was among his earliest encounters, he lived up there for 15-20 years so he's pretty familiar with the city.

Thread Information