Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
There are currently five Sams Clubs in the OKC Metro with a sixth under construction in Edmond.

Hopefully, Costco will be just as aggressive in the market.
There are two in Austin and both have a Sam's within a mile and there are quite a few other Sam's locations in Austin. A few of the newer Costco stores here Denver have a Sam's relatively close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Very similar, although I think Sam's might be slightly cheaper.

Costco has an executive membership where you pay an extra $50 but get money back based on how much you spend. At the end of the year they issue you a store credit for the difference and in some years I've made back my entire membership fee plus over $100.
We have the Costco Executive and a regular Sam's membership (I think $45.00). When it comes to buy TV's or tires we usually get them at Costco because of the rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
The COSTCO in my part of Denver sells only 3.2 alcohol so I don't think that's much of an issue for these folks.
Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
You'll see some type of stand alone liquor outlet like they do in other state's with weird alcohol laws
The ones I have been to in the Denver area (Parker is the closest, Lone Tree, Aurora, Westminster) don't have the leased out adjacent liquor store like the ones in Austin had. As mug stated, they only have 3.2 beer. The ironic thing is the Sam's at Southlands has a similar liquor store arrangement to the Costco stores in Austin but none of the Sam's in Austin have that type of liquor store. I only went into the adjacent liquor store at Costco (they have nothing to do with the liquor store other than leasing out the space to a local operator) once, why bother going there when a Spec's was next to the Sam's at Mopac & Ben White. Both the Sam's in South Austin had a Spec's next door.