Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

MAPS IV ? (2017) Will be continue the momentum...

The uniqueness about Oklahoma City experience in extending the sales tax (no new taxes) which allows for building new structures and renovations of structures needing attention beyond bandages; our city generated its own stimulus to infuse private development.

It is unfortunate that some posters can't look toward the future. I'm talking about 2017 and 2020 and some critics can't see past the current year.
I am right there will you thinking about 2017 and 2020, and even 2025 and 2030. Maps IV should be massive expansion of streetcar, along with major changes to the bus system, and perhaps the OKC kick-in part of what would be a Regional transit authority (whether that be a light rail, or commuter rail). Maps IV should also be a continued investment and development of the C2S area and along the river. Maps IV should take us from a city with 3 arenas that have open dates to 2 arenas that are almost always being used (i think this is done by demolition of the Cox Center and a complete rebuild of the State Fair Arena to be the cities second and smaller arena venue). Expansion of sidewalks and bike lanes should be in Maps IV. Maps IV should make our city a destination that people are able to travel to for all of those conventions, that the OKC Chamber thinks will be in our new CC, and get around our fair city without the need of renting a car or getting a Taxi.

Maps IV should be tag lined as Walkable Maps, or Maps for a Walkable OKC. And sure there will be a few projects that are thrown in that are not related to that goal, but i'm okay with that. Maps IV should have the goal of making it easier to spend time and money in OKC rather than the suburbs, so that the amount of money generated for Maps is greatly increased.

At least that is my vision. and it does not include an NFL stadium