Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Cocktail sauce is close to ketchup.

And, I have been known to dip my fish and chips in ketchup and Tabasco mixed. You should see the looks I get in Great Britain. But then again, I just love to push their "proper" buttons.
Kick it up a notch: Mix some Sirracha with some Miracle Whip and watch their heads explode. Especially if you dip your "chips" in it!
("Blimey, Clive! Did yer see wot that Yank just d--" (muffled boom)

You are correct about Cocktail Sauce. It is a lot like Ketchup Plus Horseradish.

You would think that in a fancy place like The Packard, they would at least have some canned tomatoes, corn starch and a blender of some sort on hand in order to eliminate the possibility of Ketchuplessness. Well, I would think so, anyways. Sorry for being presumptuous. =)

A Packard

A Packard without pastrami and ketchup

("You go" . . . "No Yugo." . . . "No . . .")

At La Cocina del Nuevo Americano Cusine we like to mix Miracle Whip with Horseradish and a little Sour Cream.
We refer to it as Le Saucé ala Arby's Plus (pronounced "Ploo"). It's good on lots of things and better than Le Saucé Tartar.
We also refer to it as Tater Sauce when used with potatoes. Or O'Tater Sauce in Middlemarch. =)