Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marco's Pizza

1. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

I'm assuming it is but don't know for sure.

Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    is that the same sandro's as the one on main in norman? -M
    Any good if it is?

Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Quote Originally Posted by easy180
    Any good if it is?
    i've heard good things about sandro's but haven't had a chance to check it out for myself. -M

4. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

Marco's is second on my list behind Hideaway, but there is no Hideaway near me. I like the pizza and the convenience of ordering online. you can even add the tip for the delivery guy when you order.

5. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

I've never had Sandro's either. For pizza in Moore we usually go to Banchetto's or we go to JJ Pizza Stop in Norman.

I'm sure we'll give Sandro's a try when it opens in Moore.

6. Default Re: Marco's Pizza - 19th and Eastern in Moore - Old 7Eleven location

I haven't been to Sandro's either. I should stop in there sometime now that they've expanded into the adjacent suite (RIP Atomik Pop).

As for other local pizza joints, I also like Meme's Pizzeria (tiny place next door to 7-11 at Imhoff and Chautauqua). Though I haven't stopped by in a while, I hope they're still there! They're the only place I've found around here with actual deep dish pizza. And they have good Chicago-style hot dogs there.

7. Large Chain Marco's Pizza

Don't know if there has been another thread, but Marco's just opened up at Britton and N May. Never heard of them before.Are they any good?

Default Re: Marco's Pizza

Had one at their Edmond location last year and wasnt very impressed at all. Just a notch above little ceasars which is pretty bad.

Pretty decent pizza...We normally order from there when we want it delivered and our budget calls for cheap

There's been one in Norman for a spell. It's middle of the pack type fare.

Chain originally from Ohio - our friends from there swear by it!

It is good, but for takeout/delivery - Dominos and Papa John have it beat.

I like it, good quality for pice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It is good, but for takeout/delivery - Dominos and Papa John have it beat.
    Just goes to show that pizza, along with BBQ, are completely contested. People will never agree on pizza. To me, Marcos beats Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut hands down. No contest.

Have had the one in NW Edmond/OKC at NW 178th and Western and it is, by far, my favorite fast food pizza.

I would peg it at somewhere between Papa John's and the old Godfather's Pizza. The sausage comes in large chunks. The usual crust (I'm not sure if they do a thin) is quite bready. For my part, I think it's delicious.

They are opening up all over. There is another one at 122nd and Rockwell.

If it's like Little Caesars, I will not be giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    They are opening up all over. There is another one at 122nd and Rockwell.

If it's like Little Caesars, I will not be giving it a try.
    It's a notch above Little Caesars even though I have to admit I'm a fan of LC's sauce

Guy at work said Marco's is better than Hideaway... I had to at that one.

20. Default Re: Marco's Pizza

Everyone has different tastes. Some people love Mazzio's...I can't stand it. Some like Hideaway, I don't think its anything special. I grew up with Marco's and its alright. Sometimes I find it a bit too greasy, but that just depends what you put on it.

21. Default Re: Marco's Pizza

I tried Marco's one night after watching the scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High where Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn) had the cheese pizza delivered to Mr Hand's (Ray Walston) class. It made me crave a piece of greasy cheese pizza.

It's decent pizza for what it is and will make do in a pinch but I'd much rather make the drive to Humble Pie or Papa Angelo's for good pizza.

22. Default Re: Marco's Pizza

I wasn't too impressed with it. I prefer Pizza Shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Guy at work said Marco's is better than Hideaway... I had to at that one.
    I'm sitting here eating some Marco's pizza and I gotta say, it's pretty delicious!

Definitely the best I have had in a while. My buddy at work might be right...

Thread Information