Widgets Magazine

Thread: Visitor Points Out -- Trolley Hours Don't Make Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Visitor Points Out -- Trolley Hours Don't Make Sense

As an EWAG, I would say it may be pure economics - supply vs. demand.

However, another thought would be the rural mentality that, unfortunately, still exists in the OKC metro area - "11 o' clock? Now why would anyone be up that late?"

With the price of fuel, it likely wouldn't be cost effective to run a regular schedule of trolleys until late night. Perhaps the motels/hotels in the Meridian corridor could work on that as a group? It would certainly benefit business!

2. Default Re: Visitor Points Out -- Trolley Hours Don't Make Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101
    Perhaps the motels/hotels in the Meridian corridor could work on that as a group? It would certainly benefit business!
    That's a very good idea. These people I know can't be the first out-of-towners to walk away with this impression. Of course, as Mrs. Midtowner ( ) said, it's a multi-issue problem.

Default Re: Visitor Points Out -- Trolley Hours Don't Make Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101
    As an EWAG, I would say it may be pure economics - supply vs. demand.

However, another thought would be the rural mentality that, unfortunately, still exists in the OKC metro area - "11 o' clock? Now why would anyone be up that late?"

With the price of fuel, it likely wouldn't be cost effective to run a regular schedule of trolleys until late night. Perhaps the motels/hotels in the Meridian corridor could work on that as a group? It would certainly benefit business!
    On the other side of that coin, if the trolleys don't run when they say they're going to run, and if they don't run at reasonable hours, no one will use them. We basically live on the trolley route and no longer rely on them.

Thread Information