Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

I would kill myself before I lived in a subdivision like that. What about that living arrangement could possibly inspire someone to get up and go to work everyday?

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I would kill myself before I lived in a subdivision like that. What about that living arrangement could possibly inspire someone to get up and go to work everyday?

Really? That's a shallow opinion. That neighborhood looks much nicer than most that I would consider "killing myself" before living in. Not everyone needs materialistic things to "get up and go to work everyday".

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Really? That's a shallow opinion. That neighborhood looks much nicer than most that I would consider "killing myself" before living in. Not everyone needs materialistic things to "get up and go to work everyday".
    Of all the problems with sprawl, it does have one large universal appeal and that is that it is pretty to look at. The subdivision in that picture has none of that.

Anyhow, I was mostly just joking.

Of all the problems with sprawl, it does have one large universal appeal and that is that it is pretty to look at. The subdivision in that picture has none of that.

The same type yards are all over the city (and in Arizona) at homes with a range of price points and with varying degrees of aesthetics. That neighborhood is less than a decade old. Mountain views! The one that's pinpointed is $120,000 and it's nicer than my first home purchase in OKC. When I lived in ABQ in a similar neighborhood, I could safely ride my bike to the base of the mountain, to school and just about anywhere I needed to go.

Get rid of the yard, stack four to fifty more stories on top if it, triple or quadruple the cost and you have yourself urban living.

6101 Stargazer Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114 - Zillow

Says you maybe. I dont see anything pretty to look at in regards to rows of similar looking houses with no mature landscaping located out in far NW OKC. Id much rather drive through and look at an old neighborhood that has a charming mix of homes on 50x140ft lots rather than the repetitive cookie cutter neighborhoods.

Thread Information