Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Don't most car wash places have a sign warning you they're not liable for any damage?

Growing up I watched my dads bronco and my moms aerostar van both be damaged at different times by full service car washes or automatic ones.
    To this day I hand or power wash my own and have a shop vac that I use to vacuum it out. I never understood why someone is willing to pay 40+ plus dollars to go to one of these places, wait for 20 or 30 minutes when you could easily do it on your own at your house for free and know it was done right.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    Growing up I watched my dads bronco and my moms aerostar van both be damaged at different times by full service car washes or automatic ones.
    To this day I hand or power wash my own and have a shop vac that I use to vacuum it out. I never understood why someone is willing to pay 40+ plus dollars to go to one of these places, wait for 20 or 30 minutes when you could easily do it on your own at your house for free and know it was done right.
    I see nothing suprising about that. There are countless things people could do for themselves that they pay others to do. It just depends on what your priorities are and how deep your pockets are. Do you ever go out to eat instead of fixing your own food at home for much less money?

4. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Anyone ever use them? They damaged my car and WONT own up to it. I used the one on Penn, their Quail location. I am new to the area (here about a year now), so was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.
    If the place have a sign posted that they are not liable for any damages caused to vehicles, then you are doomed as you were bound to "contractual agreement" by allowing your vehicle to enter the auto-wash building after reading the disclaimer. My advice, get a good insurance policy and just file for a claim to have it repaired without having the rates hike. It is better that way in order to move on. However, if there was no disclaimer, then you have a chance in court, if you have pictures of the place in whole showing no such warning sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    If the place have a sign posted that they are not liable for any damages caused to vehicles, then you are doomed as you were bound to "contractual agreement" by allowing your vehicle to enter the auto-wash building after reading the disclaimer. My advice, get a good insurance policy and just file for a claim to have it repaired without having the rates hike. It is better that way in order to move on. However, if there was no disclaimer, then you have a chance in court, if you have pictures of the place in whole showing no such warning sign.
    Those disclaimers do not work. You can place a sign on your property "not responsible for accidents" , but you can still be sued if someone is injured on your property. The damage done to my car is not the usual kind of damage. Disclaimer or not, they were very negligent. So it is up to the judge to decide. Those disclaimers are only up there to discourage people into not making a claim. Now if it was in paper form, they had me read it and sign it in front of a notary, then it may actually mean something. Even when making my complaint a posted discliamer was never brought to my attention. The manager on duty prepped my car, even admitted the damage was not there when he prepped the car, and in turn had me go get estimates. The entire way it was handled after I left their property when the damage occured is what is awful. Never contacted me in any way shape or form as promised, never returned any messages, no contact at all. Was handled very poorly an unprofessionally. They run a bad business. And come April we'll see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Don't most car wash places have a sign warning you they're not liable for any damage?
    There was a Seinfeld episode about this:

VIC: Hey, you see that sign right there?

JERRY: Oh, I see. So, you put up a sign so you can do whatever you want?

VIC: I'm not responsible.

JERRY: So, anybody leaves anything here, you can just take it? You have a

license to steal? You are like the James Bond of laundry?

Speaking of Bad Car Washes

From what I understand this was over property the driver claimed the car wash took from him.

This one is just plain funny.

Lol

I just took my fully functional Ford Explorer there for an oil change and ultimate wash. The customer service was terrible to begin with and then when I picked up my vehicle I found that none of my power windows worked. I know they worked when I dropped the vehicle off because I used the power window to talk to the initial attendant and I didn't even leave the lot before I learned that my power windows were all non-functional. So basically they had the vehicle for an hour and somehow damaged my electrical system and have refused to take any responsibility and that came directly from the owner. I too have filed a claim with BBB and have already spoken with an attorney on this issue.

Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL . . .
    Sorry, Dave . . . I can't do that.
    It would F-up the mission.

11. Default Re: Fastlanes car wash- don't use them!!!

Read...the...reviews...first...

EdmondMan is apparently unhappy.
    With a car wash.
    Thanks, Thunder, for moving current events along in a timely manner. =)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmondMan View Post
    I just took my fully functional Ford Explorer there for an oil change and ultimate wash. The customer service was terrible to begin with and then when I picked up my vehicle I found that none of my power windows worked. I know they worked when I dropped the vehicle off because I used the power window to talk to the initial attendant and I didn't even leave the lot before I learned that my power windows were all non-functional. So basically they had the vehicle for an hour and somehow damaged my electrical system and have refused to take any responsibility and that came directly from the owner. I too have filed a claim with BBB and have already spoken with an attorney on this issue.
    1. Check your power window lock out switch. The newer cars and trucks lock out all the windows when you hit the window lock out switch. If it is not the switch check the fuse.

2.It is very likely a fuse popped while they were servicing the vehicle. It's pretty hard to kill vehicle equipment. They would have had to dump or spray a stream of steady water into the control to kill it. You would have been able to tell right away if that was the case. Your seats or door panel would have been soaked.

When it comes to cars and trucks start with the simple stuff and work your way to the complex. 9 times out of 10 the problem is something simple. If your not familiar with the location of your fuse box, stop by Autozone or O'reilly Auto Parts. The guys at the stores will usually help you find the fuse box and they might just replace it for you. If your vehicle is still under factory warranty, take it by the dealership and let them deal with it. Just leave out the story about the Car Wash. Tell them you got in it this morning and the windows would not roll down. If you tell them the car wash story, they will tell you to go back to the car wash.

More than one reason not to use this crooked outift. A friend of mine has a son (a minor) that worked for them. He got injured at work, and the owner also refused to pay for any of the medical issues, had no insurances on his employees. The owner of these establishments is a crook with no morals. It went to court, he was ordered to pay (more than the bills). Just stay away from this place. The owner is a disgrace to the human race.

jetmiester, how did your small claims action turn out last spring, or did they finally agree to fix it before you got to court?

Thanks for the inquiriy. Needless to say it was a fiasco. The owner of the place is an incredible liar and had a relationship type bond with the small claims judge. As soon as I seen how the two of them talked, I knew I had the chance of a snowball...you know where. The judge was even speaking on his behalf. At least I gave it a fight.

I use the Fastlanes car wash on 142nd and Pennsylvania for my car washes and as a mechanic. They have done about $700 worth of work on my car and all of it was done well and at a price comparable to other mechanics or less. They also send my car through to be washed and vaccuumed after doing the mechanical work, which is great! My old mechanics left oily fingerprints all over, but now it's cleaner when I leave than when I bring it in to be looked at. They always treat me respectfully, get the work done quickly and listen to what I have to say. I don't know about the other branches, but I'll vouch for this one.

Thread Information