Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
I find it rather humorous that anytime anyone ever worries about any company in Oklahoma, their default twitch is "looks like they are relocating to Houston." If Aubrey gets the boot, maybe they will, or maybe they won't. Oklahoma City is a completely different environment today than it was during the energy exodus to Texas in the 1980s. It's even different when Kerr McGee was dissolved, but that company had dried up long before Anadarko swallowed them up. The city is much more appealing to companies when considering the QOL factor, so the chance is greater they will want to stay.

Now, if CHK DOES become a take-over target by a Texas company... well, let's just put it this way: Texans only care about Texans.
Agree. Houston is a total craphole. Other than some nice museums, it offers:

- Endless sprawl
- Third-world economic inequality
- Terrible highway and public transit infrastructure
- Miserable weather
- Copious crime virtually everywhere in the city
- People live there to collect a check, not because they want to live there
- General Texas backward racial and social attitudes
- Horrific traffic coupled with bad roads
- Loser sports franchises

Houston's halcyon days are in the past. Just do a simple search for Houston message boards and you'll quickly get a sense of how much that city has changed for the worse and how it offers very little in "quality of life" save for some very good restaurants. In my opinion, OKC is getting very close to competing with cities like Houston. Right now, if I were unfortunate enough to be marooned in that hellhole, I would jump at a chance to come to OKC. Right now our quality of life is better, and so much improvement is under way.

The OKC Chamber has some real opportunity to pluck some companies out of Houston, IMO.