Widgets Magazine

Thread: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I'm with OKCboy in as much as I agree that our fair isn't an event that is worth getting excited about or making plans around. The wife and I haven't gone together since our son moved out, 3 years ago. The last few years we'd spend $100+ and only be there a couple of hours. We always left realizing we wish we'd spent our money and our time somewhere else. I had to go last year for work and told the wife it hadn't changed, so we didn't go, and have no plans to go this year. We've actually gone to some county fairs around the state and in Texas and definitely find those more appealing. I'll save my time and money for some of the fall festivals (Greek, Octoberfest, etc.) and pass on the (not so)Great State Fair of Oklahoma.
    totally agree on everything you said, my wife and I took the kids a couple years ago to the fair and it was way overpriced (which was expected) and the fair seemed to be unorganized. The fair now is a complete mess to what it was a decade ago, instead of the fair this year we took the kids to Frontier City the new owners have cleaned it up and it looks a lot better then it did 10 or so years ago.

Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    totally agree on everything you said, my wife and I took the kids a couple years ago to the fair and it was way overpriced (which was expected) and the fair seemed to be unorganized. The fair now is a complete mess to what it was a decade ago, instead of the fair this year we took the kids to Frontier City the new owners have cleaned it up and it looks a lot better then it did 10 or so years ago.
    Goes to show private vs. public run organizations.

Thread Information