Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

1. Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    IMO, [Signature Grill] is bybfar the best restaurant in the okc area, just be sure to make reservations.
    You are right. They are currently the #1 restaurant on our entire site as rated by our readers. I forgot to mention them with regard to seafood. Great call. More info here:

http://www.eataroundokc.com/signatur...-new-favorite/

Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

eataroundokc: GREAT review of what is apparently an even GREATER restaurant! I have to say that the marvels on the menu are a bit . . . "spendy" (I'm looking at a downloaded copy of their menu right now) . . . Yet, as a hobby chef, who understands all that goes into preparing and sharing a memorable meal, I have to add that I'm sure that you get all that you pay for and more.

This will definitely be The "Go-To" place for the next "Special Occasion."

(Plus, I doubt there will be hoards of loud, unruly children screwing up the cost/value balance.* =)
    (*Obscure reference to another thread topic. =)

3. Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Yes, the pricing is higher-end, but to be honest, I think it's a great value. The Filet is hand-cut and every bit as good as what you get at high-end steakhouses and it comes with two amazing side dishes for $32. The steak alone at a steakhouse would likely be more than that and sides would be extra. So, in it's context of "special occasion" choices, I think Signature Grill offers great value, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a hit to the wallet.

Re: Cost/Value. I have no doubt that it is also possible to "drop a Franklin" at Frontier City, and spend most of the day standing in line. For no good reason and with little return on the investment. =)

A tiny, friendly suggestion . . . ?
    " . . . , and to be honest . . ." rather than " . . . , but to be honest" . . .? =)

Like (as?) I said, before, Thanks for validating what another poster in here previously stated regarding the quality of this establishment.

Edited to Add: Don't you agree that it is the quality of and creativity expressed in the "side dishes" that really make "the difference" in terms of the overall satisfaction with what hits the plate? (Not so much the quantity?)

5. Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

This is a fairly regular haunt for the wife and I. The food and service are always very nice. Its close quarters though, so a loud table can kinda foul the atmosphere. We do an early dinner there usually and we find the entrees are large enough to share if price and/or calories are a concern. Tends to get louder later when regulars show up in small groups and begin drinking.

6. Default Re: Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Don't you agree that it is the quality of and creativity expressed in the "side dishes" that really make "the difference" in terms of the overall satisfaction with what hits the plate? (Not so much the quantity?)
    Price, Quantity, Quality ... I think all three are important and work together to determine good value. I wouldn't be excited about a place that charged high prices for bland sides, even in large quantities, nor would I be excited about a place that charged high prices for excellent, creative sides in tiny quantities. I look for the balance of all three.

Amen.

(Hope you are taking notes, BWIS! =)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I have been taking lots of notes. As a person who does a LOT of cooking, I understand the benefits of doing so (esp. health and taste). However, sometimes you just want to have a nice evening out and not worry about the cooking yourself.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions,
    BWIS

You are welcome.

(a.k.a. De Nada =)

(As if ***I***were qualified to make [that statement] . . . =)

You'll pay a bit but Ludivine has some of the best seafood in town, just take a look at their menu. This video shows it off a bit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxW-GsHOa28

I wonder what other restaurants use this fish monger, does anyone know? I had the line caught Texas Redfish done en papillote Saturday and it was quite good. I do eat there a bit but can be their worst critic at times. They source some very good fish and genrally their fish prep seems quite on point.

I love me some seafood, but unless I want fried-something, home grilled is the way for me. Hooray for Crest!

Thread Information