Quote Originally Posted by BDP
For those who smugly suggest that anyone wanting urban living should just leave Oklahoma City, why can't they just accept that even if Oklahoma City had some urban living, they wouldn't have to live there. That sentiment is also very unproductive in terms of growing Oklahoma City and strengthening our competitive position in attracting a diversified work force in order to foster and support a diversified economy.
BDP,

I think you missed the last part of my post you were commenting about. I said that we might very well find some of our "urban" developments away from the downtown core. I even pointed to Legacy and offered links as an example. I don't disagree with you on this. But, those expecting that all future development that has an edge to it take place downtown will be sorely disappointed. In our car culture the future will look more like "urban outposts" ala Legacy in addition to downtown development. That's what I meant by it's Oklahoma City - not New York City. It isn't a smug or sarcastic thing to suggest that someone wanting the huge urban core of a large city as a place to live should look elsewhere. It is practical advice. If that is truly important to them, the only logical thing to do is to find a suitable large city and make it home as they probably will not find it here for a very long time - if at all.