Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lofts on Broadway Extension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Yeah, that's a weird place to do this. I guess this is for the "I want my place to look cool and urban, but I still want to drive my car 1/4 mile to the 7/11 when I need something" crowd. The rural urbanite

2. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

I agree with everyone here on the exterior look, however, the future plans with the streets, landscaping and "community" is fairly impressive.

The interior look is very nice, no question about that. As for the location, I tend to agree it's a little odd. On the other hand, I can see the argument that these make sense for Oklahoma City and its "car culture." There's nothing "wrong" with wanting to be near a 7-11, a Blockbuster and other retail shops.

Someone said here at OKCTalk not long ago something along the lines of, "Oklahoma City is never going to be a New York - if that's what you want, you might make plans to move." That's actually very practical and realistic advice, and not sarcastic at all (as some might see it). It's just the way it is. Our "urban" atmosphere may very well be not only downtown, but in outlying areas....the potential is huge for developments along the lines of Plano's Legacy. http://www.shopsatlegacy.com/north_side.php
    http://www.legacyvillageresidences.com/

-writerranger-

3. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Quote Originally Posted by BDP
    Yeah, that's a weird place to do this. I guess this is for the "I want my place to look cool and urban, but I still want to drive my car 1/4 mile to the 7/11 when I need something" crowd. The rural urbanite
    New term to go along with YUPies, Empty Nesters and DINKs. Rubanites. Perfect name for someone who would pay almost a buck a foot for a corrugated metal box out at Hefner and I-235.

The exterior is pretty bad and I can't find much to like in the interiors either. Wafer-board sheathing, exposed cheapo wood trusses and flue pipe don't remind me much of San Francisco. Don't look for these photos to show up in Met Home or Dwell. All the copy about concrete, stainless steel and cable doesn't overcome the rampant butt-ugliness.

They will probably be full up by the end of summer.
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

Thread Information