Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official! Anthropologie coming to Triangle at Classen Curve

Default Re: It's Official! Anthropologie coming to Triangle at Classen Curve

Yeah I don't get it, although much "desired" it offers nothing new to OKC retail, as local shops already carry the same stuff. Although not as sexy opening a Crate and Barrel or Container Store, or even an H&M or Urban Outfitters first would have drawn much more people from all over the metro and state. Anthro only reaches a very select niche of yuppie females. CB or Container store would have drawn a larger and broader demographic.

Perhaps it's time for a grand (re-)opening of "Cranthonies"?
    Or "Otascoviae"? (for the dudes)

(At The Curve)

Anthro will be getting a few styles of shoes/sandals this spring and summer, however they won't always carry a large selection in the okc store.

Originally, the space was going to be used for the Whole Foods liquor store. However, after the huge response to Anthro, the company is in talks to add an Urban Outfitters, lululemon, and crate and barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Totes24 View Post
    Originally, the space was going to be used for the Whole Foods liquor store. However, after the huge response to Anthro, the company is in talks to add an Urban Outfitters, lululemon, and crate and barrel.
    Are you talking about the building immediately west of Anthropologie?

It's not nearly big enough for an UO or Crate & Barrel. But I know CHK wants to bring more national retailers to the area north of Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yeah I don't get it, although much "desired" it offers nothing new to OKC retail, as local shops already carry the same stuff. Although not as sexy opening a Crate and Barrel or Container Store, or even an H&M or Urban Outfitters first would have drawn much more people from all over the metro and state. Anthro only reaches a very select niche of yuppie females. CB or Container store would have drawn a larger and broader demographic.
    I can't think of a single store that carries much of the same stuff as Anthropologie. There are a few brands of clothes you might find elsewhere, but probably not the same pieces. The housewares and bedding not at all. The shoes, when they get them, are unique as well. It's a nice change from what we jhave already have and should be a great draw for visitors, since there are less than 100 stores in the country, I believe.

So . . . Is the name of the store a subtle reference to the probable, anticipated need to "apologize" (or "excusify") to one's husband for shopping there?

Sort of like in some episodes of The Honeymooners . . . I Love Lucy . . . and The Dick van Dyke show?

(Anthro= Man) (Apololg[ie] . . . self explanatory)

Of course, the cost-value ratio is so positive that there is no real argument . . .

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I can't think of a single store that carries much of the same stuff as Anthropologie. There are a few brands of clothes you might find elsewhere, but probably not the same pieces. The housewares and bedding not at all. The shoes, when they get them, are unique as well. It's a nice change from what we jhave already have and should be a great draw for visitors, since there are less than 100 stores in the country, I believe.
    My point is, it is not as large and broad a draw as say Container Store, or Crate and Barrell would have been.

My point is, it is not as large and broad a draw as say Container Store, or Crate and Barrell would have been.
    Well you can make the same point as compared to having a Nordstrom but it's not relevant. It's not like there was a trade off between Anthropologie and Container Store/Crate&Barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Well you can make the same point as compared to having a Nordstrom but it's not relevant. It's not like there was a trade off between Anthropologie and Container Store/Crate&Barrel.
    Yes there is, because it's been long rumored these are the other retailers CHK has been pursuing, opening them first would have made more sense IMO.

rumor v. reality. reality won. imagine that.

Yes there is, because it's been long rumored these are the other retailers CHK has been pursuing, opening them first would have made more sense IMO.
    It makes the most sense to first open the one that has decided to open an OKC store and entered into a property lease. It makes zero sense to open a store that has not made such decisions.

BTW, great post above, kevinpate.

Frankly, it's amazing that a national retailer like Anthropologie would sign a lease for the first store in a new market where it is a stand-alone building with very little other retail in the immediate area.

It sounds like CHK and the Chamber is committed to getting more national retailers to the Classen Curve area.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    rumor v. reality. reality won. imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    It makes the most sense to first open the one that has decided to open an OKC store and entered into a property lease. It makes zero sense to open a store that has not made such decisions.

BTW, great post above, kevinpate.
    Uh hello... Anthro was just as rumored as the other two I mentioned... CHK only announced Anthro after it was well under construction and we unveiled the rumor here on OKC many months before.... This isn't a reality vs. rumor issue, I imagine it was more of a location issue. The building was already under construction and it's too small for a Container Store, thus why Anthro and a yet to be named other tenant are going in first. Who knows CHK may still want the Container store to go on the SW corner of NW Exp. and Penn as it was originally rumored.Without CHKs plans being public, EVERYTHING is rumor, doesn't mean they aren't confirmed leases.

FYI...Anthro's shoes are basically already in OKC, it's called Heirloom Shoe. It's a women's shoe store, relatively new, that carries most of the brands that Anthropologie does. Both stores have a very similar aesthetic as well.

Thread Information