I don't understand Oklahoma City's mentality. If we want to be a big city we have to build big things. Every organization is working in a different direction with none working together. My father was the transportation superintendent in a medium sized city in Texas. He developed a "grand entrance into the city". It was what he called a "multi-modal" transportation center. This structure combined regular bus, Greyhound Bus, Yellow Cab, the airport/hotel shuttles, the visitors bureau, and was situated next to train track for future light rail. He built something that was looking 30 years into the future and offered a centralized place where anyone no matter their income had the same welcoming experience to the city. And, I can't tell you the cost savings in combining facilities and logistics. If you can make it to that one centralized point you can get to anywhere in the city. We need a center like that where ALL of these companies and services are combined. It should be even forward enough to accommodate modern street cars, light rail, and the future river ferries that are coming to the river.

Instead, Oklahoma City has a transit hub that doesn't connect to any other mode of transportation, a visitors center buried in the remains of the Century Center complex, disconnected yellow cab service, and a poorly maintained Greyhound Station. There has to be a better way that incorporates a significant "gateway" piece of architecture that says "welcome to our city".