Widgets Magazine

Thread: Cheesecake Factory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Patrick Guest

Default Re: Anyone hungry for some Cheesecake?

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    MalibuSooner? Other than the traffic what don't you like about Memorial & Penn? A few miles West there are some really nice restaurants without the traffic... if you can stay on the turnpike you miss all of the congestion.
    I'll answer this question as well. I live near Quail Creek off May Ave., so I frequent the Memorial and Penn area frequently. We shop at both the Wal-Mart and Target there, as well as the many other stores.

I don't like the area for a number of factors:

1. There's nothing pretty about the area. It's simply big box building separated by seas of parking lots. I'd much rather eat at a nice restaurant facing Lake Hefner, than a boxy restaurant with absolutely no scenery, other than an empty field. Landscaping is almost non-existent.

2. The area only promotes urban sprawl. People are going to continue to move out that direction because the services are there.

3. There was absolutely no planning in this area. At least on NW Expressway, you see a great diversification of offices, restaurants, retail stores, etc. At Memorial and Penn it's a million stores crammed into one corner. Absolute chaos.

4. Nothing unique about it. It's just like any other strip center area. Quail Springs Market Place and Belle Isle Station and one in the same.

2. Default Re: Anyone hungry for some Cheesecake?

I have to disagree with you about the PF Chang's/Bravo Cucina/Red Robin. I think that's the one bright spot in that whole area and is easily nicer than Lower Bricktown--it's just really small.

Instead of seperating all those restaurants by parking lots like all the others, they clumped them together with a nice fountain plaza in the middle and they landed some pretty upscale restaurants (especially Bravo).

And I was just there and there ARE trees, Patrick. Obviously not big ones yet, but the area looks really nice IMO.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84
    I have to disagree with you about the PF Chang's/Bravo Cucina/Red Robin. I think that's the one bright spot in that whole area and is easily nicer than Lower Bricktown--it's just really small.

Instead of seperating all those restaurants by parking lots like all the others, they clumped them together with a nice fountain plaza in the middle and they landed some pretty upscale restaurants (especially Bravo).

And I was just there and there ARE trees, Patrick. Obviously not big ones yet, but the area looks really nice IMO.
    I agree. The Memorial Square development has the highest standards as far as architectural & landscaping of anywhere outside Spring Creek.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I agree. The Memorial Square development has the highest standards as far as architectural & landscaping of anywhere outside Spring Creek.
    I agree as well. I just wish the buildings weren't so boxy.

5. Default Re: Anyone hungry for some Cheesecake?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    I agree as well. I just wish the buildings weren't so boxy.
    Are you referring to the two retail buildings?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84
    Are you referring to the two retail buildings?
    Those and the Italian restaurant. Red Robin and PF Chang's look fine.

Thread Information