Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moving to oklahoma

Patrick Guest

Default Re: moving to oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse
    Actually, Cimarron Middle School serves Edmond Memorial. You may be thinking of Summit Middle School.
    Yup, thanks pulse. Summit was the one I was thinking of. Cimarron is over on 9th St. and Rankin, or something like that. It's a good school as well.

2. Default Re: moving to oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Cimarron is over on 9th St. and Rankin, or something like that. It's a good school as well.
    Central Middle School is on 9th and Rankin. Cimarron is on S. Bryant between 33rd and Memorial. Cimarron was a very good school when I attended. Remember, however, that was from 1990-1993. But it has expanded and remodeled.

I went to Central Middle School for 9th grade when Edmond was making the transition from one to three high schools. Memeriol at the time did not have enough room because North wasn;t quite finished yet, so the 9th graders got stuck with 6th and 7th graders. It didn't go over well, but it only lasted one year. in 1994, Central was all 6-8 grades, Edmond, Santa Fe and North were all officially 9-12. I don't miss those days.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

3. Default Re: moving to oklahoma

My sister attends Central, it is a very nice school with alot of after school activities to participate in. Also, I beleive they recently finished a partial internal remodeling of the building, but I have not been inside since then.

Exclamation Re: moving to oklahoma

Hi, I am new to this site, but you need to check Moore, Oklahoma. It is amazing, and its growth is phenomenal. The school system is great with close to 20,000 students and 2,000 at our two high schools. We are also building a FANTASTIC new high school (complete in 2009) with mosaics and over 2,000 future students attending. Please check Moore out, it is a fantastic place to live. There are some nice homes in the $140,000 range in Summit Ridge (they are going to put a park behind the addition!!!!). We love living here!!! Moore also has a new medical facility and a new soon to become river walk district. Also, the Worlds Largest Luxury 20-Plex theater is moving in. ( http://warrentheaters.com/index.asp ) I would check it out!!!!!!! Contact me for help at erictlyle@yahoo.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL
    Hi, I am new to this site, but you need to check Moore, Oklahoma. It is amazing, and its growth is phenomenal. The school system is great with close to 20,000 students and 2,000 at our two high schools. We are also building a FANTASTIC new high school (complete in 2009) with mosaics and over 2,000 future students attending. Please check Moore out, it is a fantastic place to live. There are some nice homes in the $140,000 range in Summit Ridge (they are going to put a park behind the addition!!!!). We love living here!!! Moore also has a new medical facility and a new soon to become river walk district. Also, the Worlds Largest Luxury 20-Plex theater is moving in. ( http://warrentheaters.com/index.asp ) I would check it out!!!!!!! Contact me for help at erictlyle@yahoo.com.

Didn't she just say she's moving out of Rockwall because of all the development? Plus Moore would be quite a drive to south Edmond. Just curious.

My family just moved here from Denver. We live in between Edmond and Guthrie off I35. (Lower Logan County) The commute from this area would be simple!! It's definately more rural than it is suburban, but I can see that changing drastically in the next 10 yrs. So perhaps that wouldn't be what you're looking for??

I live in a neighborhood out here that DOES have an HOA (thank goodness) I know you don't want one, so this isn't the "neighborhood" for you, but there are a lot of options. Land for sale alllllll over the place!

My kids are supposed to attend Guthrie schools in the fall. We'll see. I've heard excellent things about the schools and also, not so good things. The test scores are above average for the state, but not excellent. They don't meet Edmond or Deer Creek Standards, but are better than Putnam City. Anyway, I'll have to get back to you on that since we have not experienced the schools yet first hand.

Thread Information