Quote Originally Posted by ranbunctious View Post
Anybody seen the city lakes? OMG Whoever manages the lakes is absolutely worthless. I wish they'd let me manage the lakes. The first thing I'd do is dredge them about 10 feet deeper while the water's gone. They could sell the bottom dirt (silt) to offset the cost. That dirt is the richest and most fertile dirt around. Maybe even let people go out and dig their own. I couldn't believe Overholser is only about 3 feet deep in the deepest part. Boats are on the dirt at Hefner. The fishing docks are over shallow water and are not baited or have proper underwater structure. If they don't dig Overholser deeper, it will always be a worthless mud hole.
Actually Overholser is about 4 feet deep at the most shallow north end when full. The deepest part by the dam is over 20 feet. I have a vested interest in lake levels. My boat normally is in Hefner and would be on dry land if I had not pulled it out before the ramps became unusable. It's not good but as powerful as OKC is they cannot make it rain. Even if it rains enough to release water from Canton I understand Canton is about 5 feet low and if so they won't take enough to make a whole lot of difference in Hefner and Overholser. Also, it's my understanding from those who fish that the docks at Hefner are very good fishing under normal conditions.