Widgets Magazine

Thread: How to save the NBA season?

Default How to save the NBA season?

As a big thunder fan, I hope there is a solution to the deadlock because I really want to see Kevin, Russel, Serge, James, and Kendrick battling with the best of the NBA again after such a successful last season. but, I just read an article and it is not good news for the NBA season.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/09/13/1...12&feedID=3725

Looks like neither side is going to budge. So what is the answer? I don't want to take any sides on this issue. But I think that if the Owners are really unified on a hard cap and the players are not willing to accept it.

My opinion is that I think it is time for a clean swipe of the Drive and start up with a clean operation system. The owners need to just completely dismantle the current league and start afresh. Then they can structure the CBA anyway they choose and if the players refuse then they don't have to play. There are plenty who would play because of their love of the game, like Kevin and such.

2. Default Re: How to save the NBA season?

They should just shut up and start playing. The longer they keep acting this way, the more money they will lose.

Default Re: How to save the NBA season?

I can sympathize with your dissatisfaction of the situation. Unfortunately, I don't think they are listening to you and countless other NBA fans that are touting the same displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post
    As a big thunder fan, I hope there is a solution to the deadlock because I really want to see Kevin, Russel, Serge, James, and Kendrick battling with the best of the NBA again after such a successful last season. but, I just read an article and it is not good news for the NBA season.

Looks like neither side is going to budge. So what is the answer? I don't want to take any sides on this issue. But I think that if the Owners are really unified on a hard cap and the players are not willing to accept it.

My opinion is that I think it is time for a clean swipe of the Drive and start up with a clean operation system. The owners need to just completely dismantle the current league and start afresh. Then they can structure the CBA anyway they choose and if the players refuse then they don't have to play. There are plenty who would play because of their love of the game, like Kevin and such.
    Your formula would fuel the rise of a rival league. People come to see the players, not the owners or the half time show. The players will play where it suits them best and where the realize their full earning potential. I don't think the NBA would care to cheapen the brand using only players who are compliant to the owners whims and demands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post

The owners previously agreed to these provisions and now they are trying to take them away.

6. Default Re: How to save the NBA season?

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    The owners previously agreed to these provisions and now they are trying to take them away.
    True. But in every major league sport the provisions change with each agreement term.

7. Default Re: How to save the NBA season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Your formula would fuel the rise of a rival league. People come to see the players, not the owners or the half time show. The players will play where it suits them best and where the realize their full earning potential. I don't think the NBA would care to cheapen the brand using only players who are compliant to the owners whims and demands.
    I don't think a new, rival league could match the salaries, etc. that the players would make even if they accept the owners proposed cuts.

They'll agree, it's too far out right now. Come close to season start, they will come to an agreement. We will probably lose a few regular season games, but neither side can afford NOT to play this season.

The owners nor the players dont wanna lose out on that cash cow. They will agree and play this season.

I read a report just yesterday that the players are united to the point that they are prepared to even when they don't start receiving paychecks. My question is how far are they willing to hold out? One of my questions is does either side care about the fans? From all the reports I have read, neither side has said anything to that affect except for a press conference when It was mentioned by the board of governors, Adam Silver. This is why I have slightly leaned toward the Owners side and one of the reasons I proposed my formula for the owners to dismantle the league.

You have to read through the fluff about them willing not to play. They're lying. If they admitted they'd cave, the owners would just hold out and win. We will see a season this year. I agree, they could care less about the fans.

Thread Information