Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ed Murray?

Default Ed Murray?

Why is Ed Murray not on Channel 9's morning show anymore?

2. Default Re: Ed Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by selk1 View Post
    Why is Ed Murray not on Channel 9's morning show anymore?
    http://newsok.com/kwtv-shifts-ed-mur...rticle/3475840

3. Default Re: Ed Murray?

I happen to like Ed Murray. Sorry he isn't on mornings anymore.

Default Re: Ed Murray?

yeah, I liked Ed better than the goof they have on there now

Ed seems like a guy you'd enjoy having over for burgers and to watch the game on TV with.

Whatever their reasons for making the change, in my opinion it wasn't a good change.
    Marsh/Murray was a far better product than Marsh/Miller, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Whatever their reasons for making the change, in my opinion it wasn't a good change.
    Marsh/Murray was a far better product than Marsh/Miller, at least to me.
    Agreed.

I guess Stan Miller has taken over..and for good...

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    Ed seems like a guy you'd enjoy having over for burgers and to watch the game on TV with.
    You're right on the money. Ed's a great person.

I quit watching 9 since they made that early morning change then took off Regis and Kelly...dislike them imensely now!

Ed Murray has been KWTV for almost 30 years. It is likely that he is taking a lesser roll so he can retire/semi-retire kind of like Gan Matthews who only pops up when there is a major story in Cleveland County. I am sure being at the station at 3:30 in the morning and staying until after the mid day news takes its toll on you after ten years.

i think Ed Murrary does the weekend evening newscast and i am still mad at them for taken Regis and Kelly off the air hopefully they new talk show does so bad this year and they might put them back on the air. Plus i always watch Regis and Kelly they christmas special and this is the first year i do not thanks to news 9

Smile Re: Ed Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    I guess Stan Miller has taken over..and for good...
    so happy to see Ed Murray on the saturday night news at 10. I have been switching to 4 for all my news since Ed was taken off the early show with Robin. i tried to watch it a couple of times but like most of my friends i do not care for STAN!! Thanks for letting me vent

Ed Murray returned this past weekend. He thanked Tammy Payne for filling in for him. He said that what was supposed to be (out) two weeks turned into 5 months. Does anyone know why Ed Murray was off for so long? Did he have health problems? He looked like he aged 10 years and his voice sounded weak and frail.

Glad Ed is back on air and hope everything is OK...Stan is an "acquired taste"...that I haven't acquired yet.

16. Default Re: Ed Murray?

Ed did have some health issues. I'm not sure what, but he expected to be gone a few weeks and it turned out to be much longer. I have always liked Ed Murray. I'm not a Stan Miller fan at all.I love Tammy Payne and hope someone finds a place for her. She is too good to not be on the air.

Ed's son just recently got married to my cousin. Interestin' tidbit!

18. Default Re: Ed Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Ed did have some health issues. I'm not sure what, but he expected to be gone a few weeks and it turned out to be much longer. I have always liked Ed Murray. I'm not a Stan Miller fan at all.I love Tammy Payne and hope someone finds a place for her. She is too good to not be on the air.
    You are about to get your wish with Tammy Payne. She starts anchoring next weekend on KWTV from 6am to 8am, taking Jennifer Pierce's place.

Where is Jennifer going? I hope she's not leaving.

I like Stan...

21. Default Re: Ed Murray?

I think Jennifer wants her week-ends back, so Tammy is taking her place. Jennifer will work during the week now.Sadly though I am rarely up that early in the morning, so might have to tape Tammy and watch her later.

Stan does a lot better when he is doing the serious news and not trying to be funny with Robin. It took some time but I am ok with him now. I miss Regis and Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    I like Stan...
    I don't dislike him, but Stan/Robin is not Ed/Robin. If I were King for a day, I'd find a way to cajole Ed/Robin back in the morning lineup and let Stan be a traveling reporter from his cycle, or even a van if he preferred.

Thread Information