Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
First, I'm hoping the post was made in jest.

Second, if not...WTF? lol I highly doubt any exhibition game will really impact any future revenues of OU football. Returning to the John Blake years, now that might take a toll on ticket sales. Also, it is ONE game...not an entire season. I guess I just don't see the common sense in your post...at all.

As far as the Thunder impacting the Sooner basketball attendance...their poor performance recently has that handled. Maybe if they start improving, sales will go up and people will start to fill half the seats.
At second thought (after reading the many posts of OKC Talk believing that OKC has no chance to host an NFL team), I withdraw my objection for OU to host future NFL exhibition games. However, Sam Bradford won't play many minutes in any exhibition game, even if the Rams played in Norman.

You're right about team performance and attendance for OU basketball. I have only been to one women's bb game since the Paris twins left & haven't seen the men's team since Blake Griffin left. But the Thunder DOES lower interest in college basketball in the OKC/Norman/Stillwater market. (However I wouldn't ever want to lose our Thunder franchise.)