Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-35 and Covell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: I-35 and Covell

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it built. I don't think the Edmond City Council will do anything to help this project along. Heck I think they take pleasure in stopping most everything in this town.
    You're thinking correctly. The City Council still has the same mindset as the one sitting when they denied the mall proposal that later became Quail Springs. They'll be content letting "Downtown" be the city's "business" and the rest becoming neighborhoods. All the while driving the city downhill due to the lack of sales tax to properly fund services.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    You're thinking correctly. The City Council still has the same mindset as the one sitting when they denied the mall proposal that later became Quail Springs. They'll be content letting "Downtown" be the city's "business" and the rest becoming neighborhoods. All the while driving the city downhill due to the lack of sales tax to properly fund services.
    I appreciate the city council trying to protect our property values by not letting in a bunch of cheap strip malls, but they are absolutely strangling commercial growth in this town. I would hate to own commercial property in Edmond. I would be afraid I could never do anything with it. Every time I drive into OKC to shop, which any time I want more that Walmart or Target has to offer, I just think, "why can't I spend this money in my own town?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I appreciate the city council trying to protect our property values by not letting in a bunch of cheap strip malls, but they are absolutely strangling commercial growth in this town. I would hate to own commercial property in Edmond. I would be afraid I could never do anything with it. Every time I drive into OKC to shop, which any time I want more that Walmart or Target has to offer, I just think, "why can't I spend this money in my own town?"
    What stores are you referring to? Edmond does have Spring Creek Plaza that has many stores found in the mall as well as some good stores across the street at Spring Creek Village. There are also all the main large discount department stores in Edmond.

Thread Information