Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Pizza?

Default Re: Best Pizza?

Pizza is something I very rarely eat now. Usually it is only when my much younger lunch companions leave me few alternatives.

It is interesting to reflect on my drastically altered dining choices as I've aged. I wonder how common it is for others my age to depart from pizza? I am pretty certain that the pizza chains probably know the demographics of their customers.

But if I were going to order pizza, rare that might be, then it would be that BBQ Chicken with Applewood smoked bacon and red onions from Louie's. It probably would be from the To Go menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Where is Famous Jo's?
    900 South Kelly Avenue, Edmond is the only one I've patronized. But I understand there are locations now in Norman and Oklahoma City as well as the original in Purcell.

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    900 South Kelly Avenue, Edmond is the only one I've patronized. But I understand there are locations now in Norman and Oklahoma City as well as the original in Purcell.
    One at Hefner & Rockwell behind Braums

Joey's Pizzeria (NW 18th & Classen Blvd)...try their signature pizza called The Heap

http://www.joeyspizzeriaokc.com/

Meiki's has a really good pizza.

6. Default Re: Best Pizza?

7011 W. Hefner Rd, NOKC - (405) 470-8787
    Located at Hefner and Rockwell in the Crest Foods parking lot. Drive Thru Pick Up Window available.

Original Location
    1438 S Green Ave, Purcell - (405) 527-2379

900 S Kelly Ave, Edmond - (405) 340-7070

Here are the addresses for Famous Jo's Pizza.

Sandro's in Norman across from Norman High. Much more than pizza. It's the best ive had.

8. Default Re: Best Pizza?

Tried Papa Angelo's for the first time. The place was like stepping into a 1980s small-town pizza parlor and the pie was really exceptional. It's not mind-blowing- it's jsut that it's really really good. I can see why people love it so much.

Gotta give you props for the Pizza Planet and Godfathers shoutouts ... I loved those too! And how about My Pi? Boy, I miss that place. For now, I gotta go with Hideaway -- which I grew up on as an OSU student in the '70s.

The original Jo's Pizza is in Purcell. There is a location in Edmond on Kelly and one at 7011 West Hefner in OKC. I first ate at Jo's in Purcell more than 45 years ago when it was walk up and order only-no seating. Rodney's Pizza in Purcell is excellent-he is Jo's nephew and managed Jo's for years.

I think this thread is about current places, not memories of old pizza places, that thread is in the nostalgia section

12. Default Re: Best Pizza?

Years ago on a trip to Alabaster Caverns State Park we stopped in a pizza place in Freedom, OK. Very small local place with lots of high school sports memorabilia on the walls. Anyone know of the place and if its still around?

Maybe it was just our mood and all, but it seemed like the best pizza we'd ever had.

My favorite for delivery is Marcos and for dine in is Hideaway. I do want to try Jo's, The Wedge, Upper Crust ans Sauced.

14. Default Re: Best Pizza?

The Wedge is easily the best pizza in OKC in my opinion, because they have the best cheese options... I always used to get swiss, mozzarella, and agiago...and of course it was an incredible amount of cheese. So good.

I always go to the one in Deep Deuce. Never been to the North Western location..

I love the Wedge because the food is very consistant.. Hideaway is still my favorite pizza in the state.

For years, my favorite delivered pizza was Papa Johns but now I think Marcos is far superior. Very good stuff!

I haven't tried many sit-down restaurant pizzas but I was always a huge fan of Hideaway in Stillwater and while the satellite locations aren't as good...they are still pretty dang tasty!! Also, I used to eat at Papa Angelo's about 10 years ago and really liked it. I'll have to get back over there now that they are open again.

My big "to try" pizza place is Jo's...we drive by the Edmond location fairly often and always talk about trying it but have never gotten around to it.

Humble Pie is my absolute favorite.

Famous Jo's is pretty good too.

Also like The Wedge for something a little different

The Wedge is our favorite because my BF and I can get 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 prosciutto e formaggi - we both love it and I don't get some frozen mass produced chain BS.

19. Default Re: Best Pizza?

I miss My Pie Pizza - I would love to see it brought back. Deep dish pizza, but different than others I've tasted. Lots of sauce and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Joey's Pizzeria (NW 18th & Classen Blvd)...try their signature pizza called The Heap

http://www.joeyspizzeriaokc.com/
    Joeys just moved to Film Row downtown

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I miss My Pie Pizza - I would love to see it brought back. Deep dish pizza, but different than others I've tasted. Lots of sauce and cheese.
    I am with you Steve. They used such good ingrediants. The sausage they used was fantastic.

Bigray in OK

Deep Dish: Sophabellas. Its so very delicious. I think they took it off their menu in order to have patrons try other items, but you can always order it. The rest of the menu is really good too.

Wedge > Uppercrust imo. Seemed like it was fresher ingredients being served. I always order the prosciutto e formagi. Order it and thank me later.

Papa Angelo's is the best by a wide margin. I lived near Philly/NYC for a long time, and Papa Angelo's is the closest to what I grew up wtih.

For Chicago Style, Humble Pie is really good.

Thread Information