Widgets Magazine

Thread: Nintendo 3DS

Default Nintendo 3DS

Has anyone else seen these yet? The games are creative, but the 3-D on them gives me a headache. The real impressive part with it is the 3-D video and pictures. They look like something straight out of sci-fi. As real as holding a minature of whatever it is in your hand.

2. Default Re: Nintendo 3DS

I saw it in one of the sale ads over the weekend. Looks pretty cool. I noticed that it mentioned 3D
    worked without glasses. i just wonder how long it will be before the current 3d tv's are replaced
    with a 3D p0latform with no glasses required.

Chris
    http://www.radiookc.com

Default Re: Nintendo 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    Has anyone else seen these yet? The games are creative, but the 3-D on them gives me a headache. The real impressive part with it is the 3-D video and pictures. They look like something straight out of sci-fi. As real as holding a minature of whatever it is in your hand.
    I've heard they contribute to global warming. LOL

Lord Helmet Guest

Hardware is pretty slick, though I really wish they'd put two analog sticks instead of one. The 3D works great...when you hold the unit just right. If you get out of that zone it goes away. Still pretty cool and since I pretty much buy every game system I'll be getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioOKC View Post
    I saw it in one of the sale ads over the weekend. Looks pretty cool. I noticed that it mentioned 3D
    worked without glasses. i just wonder how long it will be before the current 3d tv's are replaced
    with a 3D p0latform with no glasses required.

Chris
    http://www.radiookc.com
    It requires a very specific viewing angle, so for a tv more development is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I've heard they contribute to global warming. LOL
    As does everything else produced on the other side of the world.

As does everything else produced on the other side of the world.
    So I assume you're going to boycot every item that applies to so you won't be a hypocrite?

To understand whether or not someone is hypocritical you have to understand their proposed solutions, as well as the actual existing problem.

To understand whether or not someone is hypocritical you have to understand their proposed solutions, as well as the actual existing problem.
    Exactly. LOL

As you may have read, Nintendo's sales of the 3DS has been less than expected. As an OKCer living in Japan, I have asked some Japanese people about their thought concerning the console. They say that the 3D gaming experience is cool, but that is not a reason to go out and grab one up. Here, the DS has been extremely popular among young children. While the older kids tend to prefer the PSP. Nintendo hopes to gain some of the older market with the launch of this console. However, the sales are far less than what Nintendo had anticipated. Many Japanese gamers I think feel the PSP delivers a better gaming experience as far as HD graphics and such.
    I think so too. With the PSP being $100 less(factoring in the exchange rate), I think there will have to be drop in price if Nintendo wants to see a increase of sales.

For me the real contest will be iPad 2 versus the new psp.

The new psp looks pretty neat. I think the Ipad 2 is better because of all the apps.

Lord Helmet Guest

My only real problem with gaming on iOS devices is the lack of physical controls. The touchscreen and accelerometer work well for some games, but many fall short for me when compared to console or PSP/DS versions.

Thread Information