Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Taco In OKC?

Default Re: Best Taco In OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    westside, scroll up about the taco vans, as well there is a dedicated thread (link above) about taco vans. I finally tried one and enjoyed it.

Thanks, I missed that thread before. I'm still trying to get the nerve to stop at the taco van. Someday!!

There is one - the new Pollo Chulo location at 5805 NW 50th in OKC - has delicious street vendor tacos. I have only tried the chicken, but they also make steak and fish varieties. The chicken is their signature citrus marinated and flame broiled recipe, garnished with fresh cilantro and onions, served with a side of homemade salsa and double-wrapped in fresh soft corn tacos. I have had good street vendor tacos elsewhere (but never in OKC) and these are possibly the best.

Phone is 4057922300.

Ah yes, El Pollo Chulo, love that place! It's been 6 months or so since my last visit. I'll have to check out their new location. They're old location is still open too though!

You might try Tacoville. I've been there several times. I believe they are on SW 29 and about Newcastle road.

Saw this so I thought I would resurrect this old thread

I think we just might have a new best 1AM taco if this turns out to be true

http://m.aol.com/news/default/getCon...ly-of-doritos/

Mexican chain restaurant Taco Bell is reportedly testing the Doritos Locos Tacos, a taco shell made entirely of nacho cheese Doritos.

"Shut the front door and hand me a bib and some wet wipes to wipe the flavored dust from my trembling mouth!" blogger MB Quirk celebrated in The Consumerist.

The buzz surrounding the cheesy creation stems from the discovery of a July video making the viral rounds across the Web. In the footage, the willing taste tester exclaims that the taco is "everything I expected and more."

But not everyone is overtly impressed, considering that when it comes to extreme eats, Taco Bell has set the bar pretty high for itself.

"Much has been made of extreme food recently, what with KFC's Double Down and Denny's new bacon holocaust rippling through the Internet," Stephen Reader wrote for Death and Taxes. "Taco Bell, by contrast, has been crazy forever. In fact, Doritos Locos Tacos represent a relatively tame outing for the faux-Mexican chain."

So far only a handful of trial runs have been noted. Food blog GrubGrade released photos of the zesty taco shell taken in Toledo, Ohio, and other reports mention Taco Bell locations in Wichita, Kan.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of $#it.

Dorito taco, neat...

Go try the green chili pork taco from Los Comales on Agnew. Excellente

I've been eating at Tacos San Pedro on SW 44th (just west of Penn) about once a week for ten years and I have nothing but praise for their food! I particularly love the fish tacos but they also have excellent burritos (I prefer chicken) and tortas (I prefer marinated pork).

The Taco truck parked on the North side of the street in the 4000 block of NW 10th. I think its called Taco Sanchez. $1 beef tacos. Corn torilla, spicy beef, onion and cilantro. $5 gets you quite a bit of food!

Thread Information