Widgets Magazine

Thread: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

Default We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

I wonder if Dave & Busters has done the market research for a Bricktown location?

2. Default Re: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

Have *you* ever done market research for a Bricktown location?

I used to work for a company which did that sort of thing for retailers.. Bricktown is not the golden goose you all seem to think it is..

Default Re: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

Dave & Busters might be a worthwhile place to go if they offered something of value for all those tickets you win. Even my 9 year old found absolutely nothing in their store he wanted. It was all garbage. I sent the company a very polite email to their feedback address stating this fact and got no response. When people realize what a ripoff the place is, they will stop going there. GIve your money to a local venue, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    GIve your money to a local venue, instead.

Name me one local place in OKC where they is an adult themed arcade that serves food and drinks.

yayyyyyyyy another "we need a Dave and Busters" thread.

6. Default Re: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Name me one local place in OKC where they is an adult themed arcade that serves food and drinks.
    If there are any, doubt they'll stick around long after July if HB 2359 gets signed...

If we do get one, if HAS to be NICER than the store in Tulsa. It should go on the river down by (one of) the Chesapeake Boathouse(s).

I totally disagree, we definitely need to set our sights higher. Dave & Busters, lack in quality and family fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    I don't know and it doesn't really effect me. I've just had 2 straight really irritating experiences at D & B's so I will choose not to go there again. Perhaps there's a business opportunity for someone. With Wii and cable and movies, I just don't see the point to it. I just have a real problem when they aren't going to offer anything remotely decent to trade your tickets in for. Hell, offer bags of chips or a Coke or Hot Wheels or something of value.

Lord Helmet Guest

I dunno if I'd even want a D&B. They have really crappy food. I guess it would be worth it for the other stuff though. Maybe.

If there is ever going to be a D&B in OKC, it absolutely needs to have pool tables and shuffleboard. The Tulsa location lacks this.

The food is pretty generic when it comes to chain restaurants. Chicken, burgers, beef, pasta, seafood. A little of everything for mass appeal.

The games are boring. The arcade industry is dying and there are hardly any new games coming out. Redemption games are old as well. I've seen some of those games back in the 90s.

To be honest though, there isn't anything else quite like a D&B in OKC. Incredible pizza is the closest option, but that place has even worse food and their target market is children.

screw D&B, bring on Sega Gameworks.

We need a lot of things in Bricktown.

With Dave & Busters going in on May, what would be another entertainment concept that could invigorate Bricktown? I think laser tag in the upper floors of one of the warehouses would be cool. It could utilize a western shoot-out theme; I mean Bricktown is mainly for tourists these days.

Gameworks, IMAX, House of Blues

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yes!, Yes!, and sure.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    House of Blues would be huge...Ain't gonna happen but it would be a huge catch for sure

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Dave & Busters might be a worthwhile place to go if they offered something of value for all those tickets you win.
    Or if they had decent food. I've found it pretty sub par.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Or if they had decent food. I've found it pretty sub par.
    Totally agree. I have been to the in NOVA one time. Not impressed at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about in OKC about D&B.

20. Default Re: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    House of Blues would be huge...Ain't gonna happen but it would be a huge catch for sure
    I know it's not The House of Blues - but have you been to The Biting Sow? I think it's one of Bricktown's great little secrets. If you love the good, old-fashioned blues, The Biting Sow has the atmosphere and the music. Great place!

21. Default Re: We need a Dave & Busters in Bricktown!

I personally liked D&B in Dallas. Games, food the whole thing. When I went I'm not sure what i was expecting, but i thought the food was good. Having an HOB would be nice deal downtown simply because they book some pretty cool acts to play there and the Sunday AM Bospel brunch would be welcomed by visitors and locals alike. Doing the gospel brunch and a Redhawks game/early Thunder game would make it a pretty cool Sunday.

Chris
    www.radiookc.com

Thread Information