Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The LFL is coming to OKC

1. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Spartan and OKCMallen - this debate can be waged on two angles (three really).

1. Is the LFL a stable league that will improve the image of OKC?
    We have debated this at length. Either you think it could harm the chillens and turn good husbands away from their wives, or you think it could be a flash in the pan that lasts for a year or two and just gets OKC a little bit of hip publicity for real cheap.

2. Is the LFL a reputable form of entertainment?
    There are different standards you can use for this. Keep in mind, some people are so backwards they didn't want the NBA in Oklahoma or didn't see it's value. Keep in mind, 46% voted against the NBA sales tax because they'd rather their tax go toward other..nonuseful govt things and not attracting an NBA team. Kerry, obviously you don't think it's reputable. I do, or at least I can see the potential mass appeal for such events.

3. Is the City required to make the arena available to anyone that wants it?
    This is irrelevant, or the answer is yes. The people did not pay to build that arena so that city politicians can leverage it for political capitol. They built it to get events, pure and simple. These are games that would bring large crowds of college-aged guys to downtown who would most certainly spend money in Bricktown afterward.

I think the answer to all three of those questions is No.
    Kerry, you have recklessly applied your inability to see things from other points of view than your own to potential moral issues more than once, and this is another one of those occasions.

Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

OK Spartan, you convinced me this would be great publicity for OKC (although I am not sure what industry we are trying to appeal to with the LFL). I will call the Mayor at once and tell him I withdraw my opposition. If Dallas has a team, we should to. Sorry I tried to apply a standard and ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    ...gets OKC a little bit of hip publicity for real cheap.
    I laughed at this line. It might get OKC some publicity, but there would be nothing "hip" about it. Reeks more of desperation and "I can't get a date" to me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    I laughed at this line. It might get OKC some publicity, but there would be nothing "hip" about it. Reeks more of desperation and "I can't get a date" to me. lol
    It does to me as well. If you don't want to respect women, I guess that is cool, or hip, or whatever they are calling it these days; but for crying out loud, at least respect yourself. OKC is maturing, we are past the needy 'look at me' stage.

5. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

OK Spartan, you convinced me this would be great publicity for OKC (although I am not sure what industry we are trying to appeal to with the LFL). I will call the Mayor at once and tell him I withdraw my opposition. If Dallas has a team, we should to. Sorry I tried to apply a standard and ruined it for everyone.
    Not everything must apply to an industry. That's not economic development in the 21st century, which is more about appealing straight to the people with an active scene, quality of life, and the creative class.

Not everything must apply to an industry. That's not economic development in the 21st century, which is more about appealing straight to the people with an active scene, quality of life, and the creative class.
    The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth. BTW - how crappy does your quality of life have to be if the LFL enhances it? Have you even seen a game on MTV2 - it isn't erection inducing. Remember the Seinfeld episode about good nudity and bad nudity, this falls far on the bad nudity side. These aren't pillow fights. Even Quagmire would tune this out pretty quick.

7. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth.
    You're right. young men with entertainment dollars to spend would be horrible. ::eyeroll

The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth. BTW - how crappy does your quality of life have to be if the LFL enhances it? Have you even seen a game on MTV2 - it isn't erection inducing. Remember the Seinfeld episode about good nudity and bad nudity, this falls far on the bad nudity side. These aren't pillow fights. Even Quagmire would tune this out pretty quick.
    You're just being silly now. Can we move on?

9. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

This is a pretty good product I hear sometimes works:

This is a pretty good product I hear sometimes works:

So Spartan, are you referring to the product in the package or the pictures?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/L...Sundays-030211

Lingerie Football may move to Sundays
    NewsCore

Updated Mar 3, 2011 10:43 AM ET
    CLEVELAND

The Lingerie Football League (LFL) is eager to cash in on a possible NFL lockout, with officials announcing Wednesday it is considering moving its games from Friday nights to Sunday afternoons if the national league's season is delayed or suspended, WKYC-TV reported.

NFL owners emerged from a day-long session of mediated labor talks with the NFL Players Association on Wednesday and said no definitive decision had been made on whether to lock out the players, FOX Sports reported.

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the two sides expires at midnight ET on Thursday.

The LFL, a seven-on-seven league played by scantily-clad women, has expanded with three more franchises for its third season -- the Las Vegas Sin, Cleveland Crush and Green Bay Chill.

Three-time Pro Bowler Bob Golic, the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Crush, said the league had "truly gained a lot of credibility both on and off-the-field over the past couple of seasons."

In November, it was announced that Oklahoma City would also be receiving an expansion franchise for the upcoming season, only for the city's mayor, Mick Cornett, to publicly reject it, saying it would cause unnecessary issues for the area.

"There are too many problems to list," Cornett said. "There are so many that I don't want to gravitate to just one."

So how come the scantily dressed Thunder cheerleaders don't cause unnecessary issues for the area? Or do they?

Cause this is ok and everything must be nice and conservative (*not meant in the pollitical sense*) so it would be too much to have a whole team of scantily clad ladies versus another team of scantily clad ladies not to mention the scantily clad cheerleaders they'll have. Lol. Im gonna laugh so hard when other cities start reporting positive profits and financial impacts on their local economies. Sometimes you gotta give the ppl what they want instead of trying to stand in the way of someonelse making money!

Just wait until the LFL players form a Players Association. More clothing, more pay, better benefits. Then the party will be over.

HAHA. Your probably right. lol!

It doesn't really matter to me what they wear. It's just a gimic idea that will be gone in 5 years or less.

Thread Information