Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dave and Buster's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

how people can think parking is a "nightmare" in bricktown is beyond me ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    how people can think parking is a "nightmare" in bricktown is beyond me ..
    When was the last time you where in Bricktown? Paying somewhere between $10-$20 to park isn't what I consider ideal. Given, if you drive around long enough or lie to the parking attended in the In the Raw parking lot you can find something if you give it enough time. But until I can get off a bus or train in Bricktown and walk to my destination the parking will remain a nightmare. For the types of establishments located there, the time spent looking for parking isn't worth it. I can go anywhere else in the city, order a beer and finish it before I find free parking in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    When was the last time you where in Bricktown? Paying somewhere between $10-$20 to park isn't what I consider ideal. Given, if you drive around long enough or lie to the parking attended in the In the Raw parking lot you can find something if you give it enough time. But until I can get off a bus or train in Bricktown and walk to my destination the parking will remain a nightmare. For the types of establishments located there, the time spent looking for parking isn't worth it. I can go anywhere else in the city, order a beer and finish it before I find free parking in Bricktown.
    I have been to Bricktown countless times and never paid to park, or found it overly difficult to find a parking place. Plenty of plentiful and free parking by Bass Pro or north of Bricktown if you can walk a few blocks. You have to know where to look.

Last edited by kevinpate; 02-08-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: wasn't on-topic

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    lets see 2 or 3 times a week for several years now .. and park for free most of the time .. only time i pay to park is when i am in a hurry or late and then i at most pay 5 or 6 bucks ..

I think it's pretty funny how a tall and fat clothing store is one of the main anchors of this shopping center. According to their website: http://www.destinationxl.com/ they sell size 38-64 in waist size and big sizes XL-7XL.

If you eat so much you split your pants at Dave & Busters, Whataburger or Jack n' The Box you can go head on up to DXL for new pants. I noticed they are part of the Casual Male family of stores. I wonder if that means they will close their store by Gold's on NW Expressway and Portland.

I miss the old style I-HOPs that were in the A frame buildings too (the buildings are still all over town, most seem to be pawn shops), IHOP abandoned the Metro decades ago and then came back. Am sure it is because we have an NBA team now (I kid)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    I miss the old style I-HOPs that were in the A frame buildings too (the buildings are still all over town, most seem to be pawn shops), IHOP abandoned the Metro decades ago and then came back. Am sure it is because we have an NBA team now (I kid)
    Another business that used A Frame construction frequently was Howard Johnson's.

Thread Information