Widgets Magazine

Thread: Penn Square Mall update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Patrick Guest

Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

About Heritage Park, one thing you have to remember is that Simon was responsible for the heyday of Heritage Park as well. They built Heritage Park. Heritage Park's problem is 3 fold: 1. Location, 2. Demographics (MWC area), and size (regional malls simply aren't doing well). Also, the fact that Simon had the mall up for sale for 10+ years didn't help matters. Stores typically don't want to locate in a mall where ownership is uncertain.

2. Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    About Heritage Park, one thing you have to remember is that Simon was responsible for the heyday of Heritage Park as well. They built Heritage Park. Heritage Park's problem is 3 fold: 1. Location, 2. Demographics (MWC area), and size (regional malls simply aren't doing well). Also, the fact that Simon had the mall up for sale for 10+ years didn't help matters. Stores typically don't want to locate in a mall where ownership is uncertain.
    yeah i really wish they would do something with this mall... i live right behind it and it is an eyesore everyday driving by the thing... its amazing how much publicity that MWC is getting with all the new businesses being built on 29th street and the new Walmart being built, but yet this thing is just still sitting there unkept... do you know what the new owners are going to do with it?!

3. Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

The Woodlands Mall just north of Houston just added a lifestyle center connected to it with shops and restaurants. It can be done, and done well.

4. Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

Quote Originally Posted by diesel
    yeah i really wish they would do something with this mall... i live right behind it and it is an eyesore everyday driving by the thing... its amazing how much publicity that MWC is getting with all the new businesses being built on 29th street and the new Walmart being built, but yet this thing is just still sitting there unkept... do you know what the new owners are going to do with it?!
    My father is fairly high up in MWC municipal government, and from what he has told me, the feeling there is that Heritage Park Mall should become Heritage Park Lake.

5. Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo
    My father is fairly high up in MWC municipal government, and from what he has told me, the feeling there is that Heritage Park Mall should become Heritage Park Lake.
    i really wish they would whipe out the ghetto ass apartments on 10th between air depot and midwest blvd.. it just breeds drugs and gangs... and makes our city look bad.. i live in mwc...

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo
    Can you explain further.....are you being serious or sarcastic? I didn't realize there was a creek running around there anywhere.

7. Default Re: Penn Square Mall update

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Can you explain further.....are you being serious or sarcastic? I didn't realize there was a creek running around there anywhere.
    yeah i live in the neighborhood behind it and there are several creeks that run thru the neighborhood and i believe if you walk in one of them you will reach a tunnel that goes under the mall... had friends go in there when i was younger and say its pretty creepy..

Thread Information