Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LFL is coming to OKC

Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

We could just be called the OC Ohh, ohh, ohhhhhh, ohhhhhhh's!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    [insert obligatory lesbian joke here]
    Two lesbians were getting ready for bed and one said to the other, "I be frank with ya!"

The other interrupted and quickly replied, "No, honey, it's my night to be Frank!"

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Did it not occur to anyone to ask the mayor why he has an opposition to the LFL? Perhaps his motive for opposing the idea was for reasons other than morality. Man, talk about jumping the gun.
    I sent Mayor Cornett an email on Thursday, but I have not received a response.

Dear Mayor,

“There are too many problems to list. (...) There are so many that I don't want to gravitate to just one.”

Rather than asking you to "gravitate to just one [problem]", I request you simply name one in the first place. Since the issue is so questionable, as you suggested, I invite you to offer as many points of contention as you see fit. Please bear in mind, however, that your objection(s) must be capable of withstanding rational scrutiny.

As an elected official, you have a responsibility to elaborate upon your decisions. Please invest some effort into becoming the portrait of honesty you projected to the citizens during your election campaign. Articulate your reason(s) for denying a law-abiding organization from conducting operations in downtown Oklahoma City. Outline your justification for opposing a possible source of revenue for our community. Disclose the methodology you employed in arriving at your decision and account for the laundry list of "problems" you referenced.

Declaring something does not make it so! You asserted that the proposition had "too many problems", so make your case! Your sleight-of-hand will not suffice. Please identify these "problems" you referenced.

Respectfully,
    Jake

So who do i need to send letters to to let them know i wanna see the LFL play in OKC!?

5. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

the council, that is steadily becoming the "clowncil".
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    He said he was misquoted, but if I'm not mistaken there was a quote in the original story -- now removed by the Oklahoman -- in which Mick made it quite clear that he wasn't going to let LFL at either Cox or Ford Center. It was also reported by multiple sources, so are we to believe that all of the media are wrong? Also, if Mick was misquoted, why did he wait a full 24 hours before responding? These things don't seem to add up.
    I think what you remember is the reporter paraphrasing Mick. I thought I read that as a direct quote myself, but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by animeGhost View Post
    So who do i need to send letters to to let them know i wanna see the LFL play in OKC!?
    You can reach our "big league mayor" here...... mayor@okc.gov

Damage control. Don't worry - this will never pass the council anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
    Damage control. Don't worry - this will never pass the council anyway.
    They have to get an ownership team first. That is where the process will stop. It will never make it to the City Council.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I'm not saying you are completely wrong but if you can't provide proof other than "reported by multiple sources" you don't have much to go on.
    I tried but could not find a direct quote. Who knows? It does appear the Oklahoman is trying to help Mick in the dust-up.

Now we will be viewed as uptight puritanical scolds.
    For the first time ever.

I tried but could not find a direct quote. Who knows? It does appear the Oklahoman is trying to help Mick in the dust-up.
    I even checked the Drudge archives which captures the orignal screeens so no one can back and cover anything up, and what I first read as a direct quote, in fact wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I even checked the Drudge archives which captures the orignal screeens so no one can back and cover anything up, and what I first read as a direct quote, in fact wasn't.
    OK. But that doesn't mean he didn't say it. Guess we'll never know.

OK. But that doesn't mean he didn't say it. Guess we'll never know.
    That doesn't mean he didn't say the sky is purple either but I guess we'll never know. LOL.

Sorry, soonerguru. I just couldn't resist that.

Don't get your hopes up guys. It seems most cities are saying No the LFL. Last year they announced expansion cities of Orlando, Houston, Nashville, and San Jose. Only the Orlando team materialized.

We need to start coming up with a name for our team.

Any suggestions?

And much like with the Thunder should we go with "Oklahoma City ______" or should we include Tulsa and use "Oklahoma _______"?

Oklahoma City Ooh La La's

Here could be the team song.

Lingerie Football League says NO to Oklahoma City

The Lingerie Football League will not be expanding to Oklahoma City.

LFL chairman Mitchell Mortaza said in a statement Tuesday that the league had abandoned its plans for a team in the city following comments critical of the league from Oklahoma City mayor Mick Cornett.

Read more: http://newsok.com/lingerie-football-...#ixzz15TkaPwWC

Well that sucks. Thanks a lot Mick.

It wasn't going to happen anyhow. If the LFL expanded everywhere they said they were they would have 40 teams by now. Besides, if this league is so whiney that a single politician making a comment can stop them, how committed were they in the first place? Maybe they were just another fly-by night league looking for a handout.

21. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

I think there needs to be a huge stink over this. Family values has gone too far this time.

22. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

Not to insert my blog or anything (I didn't want to say this on the blog) but the poll I have has the people in favor of the LFL coming winning the vote with 69%. Not even kidding..

This whole thing is just silly. Mayor really stepped in it this time by 1) Acting imperiously; and 2) Not even bothering to explain his opposition to it. Then, he has the temerity to back track and claim he was misquoted.

I suspect Kerry is right and this would have never come to fruition anyway but the mayor needs a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I think there needs to be a huge stink over this. Family values has gone too far this time.
    I think there needs to be a huge stink over this. Lack of family values has gone too far this time.

See how that kind of logic works both ways. If you are going to make an arguement, it has to be better than that. Let me help you get started Spartan, what are the three top reasons why you want an LFL team in OKC. Be honest.

I was discussing this with some friends the other day. Of course, both those friends are single males who subscribe to Playboy and are long-time bachelors. They're OUTRAGED that the mayor would ban such wholesome, family-oriented entertainment. LOL Frankly, I'm with Mayor Mick on this. This league adds nothing to the environment of OKC that isn't already provided by our strip clubs.

Thread Information