Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sauced

Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Nope. I've already got a full time job.
    Apparently you filed your sarcasm meter away in the desk.

2. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

What makes you think that he has a desk? I'm guessing that he carries his sarcasm meter right next to his camera and sound recording device.

3. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but online pot shots will never harm me. Nah, nah, nah, nah....

4. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

I made no pot shot ... I merely guessed that you had no desk, but maybe the Oklahoman is not that cheap ... you are always on the go ... and I supposed that you carried all of your equipment on your person.

5. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Wasn't referring to you! Geez....

6. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Well, then, master reporter, make your comments with exactness and clarity. But, to the point, do you carry your sarcasm meter on your person?

7. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

The company stopped providing it; I'll have to buy one on my own and get monthly per diem reimbursements ... don't ask me to explain further. It's corporate stuff.

8. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Sauced. Serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Wasn't referring to you! Geez....
    Steve,

I wasn't taking pot shots either. You must feel embattled. My point was you do an awful lot to raise the profile of the Oklahoman on the Web. In fact, I can think of few if any people who do more "mixing with the masses" online than you. This puts you in sort of a reluctant ombudsman role. And by the way, you do a good job of it, despite the fact you're not paid to do so.

Default Re: Sauced ?!?!?!

I'm not surprised Sauced went belly up. The company I work for did some work on the mechanical systems for them and we never got paid. They either couldn't afford to pay their bills or they didn't care about doing the right thing.

11. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Yes, I do indeed feel embattled! Ah but now it's the weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing the southsiders at Coit's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    That's the cellphone/handheld link. The regular one is here ... not in the Business section, where Steve's articles typically appear, but in the Money section.

But, MikeOKC, about that decoder ring and membership card, I'm working on that. Can't promise that the ring will work or that the card will get you anywhere, but it's a heck of an idea, and, hey, who can say?
    Thats weird (even for the Oklahoman)...it appears to be back in the business section & the link Doug provided works but still can't find the story over at newsok.com thru the usual methods...using its search feature (which has always been iffy at best) for Sauced and Paseo brings up the old post that doesn't exist. Doug's comment over in Steve's blog is still a "Oooops, this page doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I'm not one to rag on The Oklahoman too often as it's an industry under seige, but sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder.

Doug, I guess there were just more important stories. Yesterday, I went to NewsOK.com and saw something so....bizarre...I had to take a screenshot. Look at the top story with the photo in the screenie below (I put a red square around it).

A man urinates on a building downtown and it's front page news? Not only that, this was a screenshot from yesterday - look when the arrest for this horrific crime occured: Sunday! (This was being reported 4 days later.) Folks, this is a major city newspaper. Like I said, sometimes.....

What you are describing is an entirely different animal than what Doug is talking about. Your post shows the typical replacement of "top stories" on the home page. As a new story gets posted, another gets bumped off the short list. The "featured" story does seem to have some editorial selection/input as it can remain for days. What Doug described is the elimination of the story from the list entirely no matter how you looked for it. If you didn't have it saved somehow, you would be hard pressed to prove it. Also different from stories dropping off by a time element (say 48 hours) or being moved to Archive (60 days now?) if you have it bookmarked will get a snippit and the you-need-to-pay-to-view message.

My favorite oddities are the stories that show up in the list as "No Headline" and sometimes when you click on it there will be a story and sometimes not.

The DOK should start doing this more. Look at all the extra attention it has received from the online users.

15. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

No, let's not.

16. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    What you are describing is an entirely different animal than what Doug is talking about. Your post shows the typical replacement of "top stories" on the home page. As a new story gets posted, another gets bumped off the short list. The "featured" story does seem to have some editorial selection/input as it can remain for days. What Doug described is the elimination of the story from the list entirely no matter how you looked for it. If you didn't have it saved somehow, you would be hard pressed to prove it. Also different from stories dropping off by a time element (say 48 hours) or being moved to Archive (60 days now?) if you have it bookmarked will get a snippit and the you-need-to-pay-to-view message.

My favorite oddities are the stories that show up in the list as "No Headline" and sometimes when you click on it there will be a story and sometimes not.
    Hi Larry. I know it had nothing to do with what Doug was talking about. I only was showing that sometimes The Oklahoman can do something that makes us shake our heads in wonder. A story like that a top story in a metro area of over a million people? I wasn't trying to equate the two in any way except bewilderment. But I also said I hate to rag on The Oklahoman too much because this is an industry under siege. Seriously. It's sad that so many newspapers, including The Oklahoman, has had to lay off so many good reporters and are a shadow of their former selves. I don't like it because I like newspapers. I think they play an integral role in the life of our nation that the freewheeling voice of the Internet cannot replace. Journalists are professionals and it's just not a good thing to see happen. Not "good" as in not healthy.

17. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Journalists are professionals ....
    Thanks Mike.

18. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Steve's OkcCentral blog post which was the information source for this thread in the first place, is once again up and running. See http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/20...uced-in-paseo/ . Humpty Dumpty is now put together again, for now.

Default Re: Sauced ?!?!?!

I went in a few times…..nice patio. I asked for a glass for my beer and I got something a step above from a Sippy cup to pour my beer in. Some plastic piece of junk and it looked like there may have been two cups to choose from. LOL If you’re going to serve nice beer – at least have a decent glass to pour it into available.

The other time I stopped by – whoever was running the register decided to hang out and chat in the patio instead of taking my order……so, I cruised on. I can see how they didn’t make it if that was the attitude they showed to other people.

Default The new Sauced in Paseo

Went last night for their soft opening. The food was good and it seems as though they have taken note of the issues related to the place and "tweaked it."

For example, two cash registers now and a stage area for outdoor bands.

Thread Information