Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The LFL is coming to OKC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

There was one simple answer to all of this: make them pay in advance. If the checked cleared, bring 'em on.

I don't care one bit about the LFL, but if all entertainment wanting to book city venues has to pass some arbitrary moral code, then we have a problem. It does send the message that if you want to book OKC, you may have to live up to some unwritten code. Should the booking agent of Lady Gaga, Madonna, Britney Spears, etc. have to worry about whether the mayor approves in the future? That's sort of unclear now.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    There was one simple answer to all of this: make them pay in advance. If the checked cleared, bring 'em on.

I don't care one bit about the LFL, but if all entertainment wanting to book city venues has to pass some arbitrary moral code, then we have a problem. It does send the message that if you want to book OKC, you may have to live up to some unwritten code. Should the booking agent of Lady Gaga, Madonna, Britney Spears, etc. have to worry about whether the mayor approves in the future? That's sort of unclear now.
    So you are in favor of OKC hosting the American Pedophile and Child Molester National Convention so long as the check clears? What about an OKC team in the World Orgy League? BTW - those tour groups you mentioned don't require a lease agreement with city. Rental agreement maybe, but not a lease. The LFL would require a lease.

Guess Kerry couldn't save the sermon until Sunday morning...

First, I'm really not getting the comparison of a pedophile and child molester convention to the LFL. The first would be composed of people that perpetrate crimes against children while the other is made up of a group of women that like to play sports in bathing suits. Don't really see the moral equivalency there, but apparently Kerry does.

Second, other than not knowing how the scoring system works in the orgy league, I'm really not seeing a big problem. Why is it anyones business what two (or more) consenting adults do?

I'm sure Kerry and mayor Mick can tell me why I'm going to burn in hell for these beliefs, but oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by mack1520 View Post
    Guess Kerry couldn't save the sermon until Sunday morning...

First, I'm really not getting the comparison of a pedophile and child molester convention to the LFL. The first would be composed of people that perpetrate crimes against children while the other is made up of a group of women that like to play sports in bathing suits. Don't really see the moral equivalency there, but apparently Kerry does.

Second, other than not knowing how the scoring system works in the orgy league, I'm really not seeing a big problem. Why is it anyones business what two (or more) consenting adults do?

I'm sure Kerry and mayor Mick can tell me why I'm going to burn in hell for these beliefs, but oh well...
    The point I was trying to make with child molesters is to see if BDP was opposed to any line, or if he just felt the LFL wasn't across it. Is there a line the city should not cross or are we haggling about the placement of the line. It is really very simple. If you say No, the city should not field a team in the World Orgy League then we can talk about moral relativism. If you say Yes, the city should have a team in the World Orgy League then the discussion is over, we will never agree.

Alas, my opposition to the LFL is not based on moral grounds. I am opposed to the LFL because it is a 3rd rate, fly by night, poorly run league who is requesting a lease for prime dates at the City’s premier venues.

OK Spartan, you convinced me this would be great publicity for OKC (although I am not sure what industry we are trying to appeal to with the LFL). I will call the Mayor at once and tell him I withdraw my opposition. If Dallas has a team, we should to. Sorry I tried to apply a standard and ruined it for everyone.

6. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    OK Spartan, you convinced me this would be great publicity for OKC (although I am not sure what industry we are trying to appeal to with the LFL). I will call the Mayor at once and tell him I withdraw my opposition. If Dallas has a team, we should to. Sorry I tried to apply a standard and ruined it for everyone.
    Not everything must apply to an industry. That's not economic development in the 21st century, which is more about appealing straight to the people with an active scene, quality of life, and the creative class.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Not everything must apply to an industry. That's not economic development in the 21st century, which is more about appealing straight to the people with an active scene, quality of life, and the creative class.
    The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth. BTW - how crappy does your quality of life have to be if the LFL enhances it? Have you even seen a game on MTV2 - it isn't erection inducing. Remember the Seinfeld episode about good nudity and bad nudity, this falls far on the bad nudity side. These aren't pillow fights. Even Quagmire would tune this out pretty quick.

8. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth.
    You're right. young men with entertainment dollars to spend would be horrible. ::eyeroll

The LFL was pretty clear on their fan base. They want beer drinking 20' somethings. I think OKC already has enough of those and I don't think attracting more of them is a good model for growth. BTW - how crappy does your quality of life have to be if the LFL enhances it? Have you even seen a game on MTV2 - it isn't erection inducing. Remember the Seinfeld episode about good nudity and bad nudity, this falls far on the bad nudity side. These aren't pillow fights. Even Quagmire would tune this out pretty quick.
    You're just being silly now. Can we move on?

10. Default Re: The LFL is coming to OKC

This is a pretty good product I hear sometimes works:

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    This is a pretty good product I hear sometimes works:

So Spartan, are you referring to the product in the package or the pictures?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/L...Sundays-030211

Lingerie Football may move to Sundays
    NewsCore

Updated Mar 3, 2011 10:43 AM ET
    CLEVELAND

The Lingerie Football League (LFL) is eager to cash in on a possible NFL lockout, with officials announcing Wednesday it is considering moving its games from Friday nights to Sunday afternoons if the national league's season is delayed or suspended, WKYC-TV reported.

NFL owners emerged from a day-long session of mediated labor talks with the NFL Players Association on Wednesday and said no definitive decision had been made on whether to lock out the players, FOX Sports reported.

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the two sides expires at midnight ET on Thursday.

The LFL, a seven-on-seven league played by scantily-clad women, has expanded with three more franchises for its third season -- the Las Vegas Sin, Cleveland Crush and Green Bay Chill.

Three-time Pro Bowler Bob Golic, the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Crush, said the league had "truly gained a lot of credibility both on and off-the-field over the past couple of seasons."

In November, it was announced that Oklahoma City would also be receiving an expansion franchise for the upcoming season, only for the city's mayor, Mick Cornett, to publicly reject it, saying it would cause unnecessary issues for the area.

"There are too many problems to list," Cornett said. "There are so many that I don't want to gravitate to just one."

So how come the scantily dressed Thunder cheerleaders don't cause unnecessary issues for the area? Or do they?

Cause this is ok and everything must be nice and conservative (*not meant in the pollitical sense*) so it would be too much to have a whole team of scantily clad ladies versus another team of scantily clad ladies not to mention the scantily clad cheerleaders they'll have. Lol. Im gonna laugh so hard when other cities start reporting positive profits and financial impacts on their local economies. Sometimes you gotta give the ppl what they want instead of trying to stand in the way of someonelse making money!

Just wait until the LFL players form a Players Association. More clothing, more pay, better benefits. Then the party will be over.

HAHA. Your probably right. lol!

It doesn't really matter to me what they wear. It's just a gimic idea that will be gone in 5 years or less.

Thread Information