Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mike Leach Sirs Up Alabama Fans; Pat Dye Defends

Default Mike Leach Sirs Up Alabama Fans; Pat Dye Defends

Two people you never guessed would squabble about Alabama. Bleacher Reports humorous story: Mike Leach vs Pat Dye

Default Re: Mike Leach Sirs Up Alabama Fans; Pat Dye Defends

I found that scanning through the Sirius sports channels on the way home, Pat Dye sounded drunk at times or maybe on cough syrup or something during that segment with Finebaum and Stallings.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I found that scanning through the Sirius sports channels on the way home, Pat Dye sounded drunk at times or maybe on cough syrup or something during that segment with Finebaum and Stallings.
    I think he just 'be from the South'...

Hold on a second. How much of that pants story is true?

The water level in the lake goes down and a local resident finds a pair of folded pants lying neatly on the exposed bank and in the pockets are a wallet (containing a drivers license and credit cards) and the keys to a Toyota - and the owners (who just happens to be the head coach at Auburn University at the time) now says he doesn't remember losing his pants. Does he remember have to get another drivers license? I lost a wallet in 1987 and I still remember that. I think if I lost my pants at the same time it would make an even larger impression on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Hold on a second. How much of that pants story is true?

The water level in the lake goes down and a local resident finds a pair of folded pants lying neatly on the exposed bank and in the pockets are a wallet (containing a drivers license and credit cards) and the keys to a Toyota - and the owners (who just happens to be the head coach at Auburn University at the time) now says he doesn't remember losing his pants. Does he remember have to get another drivers license? I lost a wallet in 1987 and I still remember that. I think if I lost my pants at the same time it would make an even larger impression on me.
    I wrote the "found pants story" in 2008. At the time, the story was covered by a local Alabama TV station. They had a youtube up of the pants and the journey to bring them back to Pat Dye. Curious stuff, in my opinion.

I would be interested to know how he came to lose his pants (and with whom). I mean, you go out to the lake with someone, late at night maybe, and you end up taking a swim, no problem there. But how do you forget to put them back on? I assume since the car keys were still in the pocket the car was still there - which I then assume he would have gone back to get at some point. Did the lake level go back up over night making it impossible to find the pants. Please don't tell me he walked home wearing nothing but a shirt (did he remember that part).

Thread Information