Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ellen Votes herself off Idol

1. Default Ellen Votes herself off Idol

Ellen DeGeneres Votes Herself Off 'American Idol'

32 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

It's one and done for Ellen DeGeneres -- she's leaving "American Idol" after her first season as a judge on the show ... claiming it wasn't the "right fit."

Ellen just tweeted, "Dim the lights ... I've voted myself off American Idol."

Ellen claims she came to her decision, "a couple months ago" -- and admits, "It was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings."

She concludes, "I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be."

Default Re: Ellen Votes herself off Idol

Show is still on? Lost interest after Underwood

I knew she wouldnt last long..

4. Default Re: Ellen Votes herself off Idol

All you who are fans of the show (not me), I hope you enjoy the next season, it will be the last for AI.

J-LO?
    Steven Tyler?

Okie dokie then.

Last episode I recall watching was a show, or so, after Phil Stacy went down in his blaze of glory. Fam knew the fam, so they followed him and I tagged along on their adventure. All in all, a nice young man.

It is time for Idol to go away or go to syndication. I don't know that many people that watch other then the shower singers who cling to a glimmer of hope they might make it in the music business one day. NEWSFLASH: Just because you win American Idol does not mean you will be a star. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only ones that truly made it. The rest are nothing more than one hit wonders.

American Idol itself needs to go. It's ridiculous that items about it appear on TV news or in newspapers anywhere but the "entertainment" section. No wonder the world hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    American Idol itself needs to go. It's ridiculous that items about it appear on TV news or in newspapers anywhere but the "entertainment" section. No wonder the world hates us.
    I always felt it was inferior to it's predecessor, "Starsearch". I almost never missed Starsearch and have only occasionally watched American Idol. Without Simon, I think it will go down hill quickly. Granted most contestants have had fleeting fame but a couple of others that I think will last eventually are Jennifer Hudson (Oscar) and Clay Aiken (Broadway and records).

9. Default Re: Ellen Votes herself off Idol

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    The rest are nothing more than no hit wonders.
    fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    All you who are fans of the show (not me), I hope you enjoy the next season, it will be the last for AI.
    Nahh.. It'll never go away. Simon or no Simon, the show is too big to just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Nahh.. It'll never go away. Simon or no Simon, the show is too big to just go away.
    Maybe, but the only show I've ever seen that was too big to go away despite cast changes is Saturday Night Live. I don't include news casts or things like the Tonight Show in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Maybe, but the only show I've ever seen that was too big to go away despite cast changes is Saturday Night Live.
    You just need to think a little harder. The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, and Jeopardy have all survived host changes, as have most of the morning news shows and evening news magazine shows.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    You just need to think a little harder. The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, and Jeopardy have all survived host changes, as have most of the morning news shows and evening news magazine shows.
    You must not have read all of my post. Game shows or news oriented shows are hardly in the same category. I thought we were talking about just strictly entertainment type of shows. You may not remember Starsearch, but it was also very big at the time it aired. It eventually went away. I also remember Ted Mack's Amateur Hour which was likely way before your time. It also succumbed. American Idol may very well survive but a lot of it's attraction was watching the putdowns by Simon.

You must not have read all of my post. Game shows or news oriented shows are hardly in the same category.
    I read your post, but apparently you haven't. Care to quote me the part about game shows? LOL

You may not remember Starsearch, but it was also very big at the time it aired. It eventually went away. I also remember Ted Mack's Amateur Hour which was likely way before your time.
    How condescending of you! Yes, I remember Star Search...I was the guy rolling the tape at the tv station. LOL And, yes, I'm old enough to have watched Ted Mack's Amateur Hour. Sheesh....get over yourself.

honestly... is this worth arguing over? -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    honestly... is this worth arguing over? -M
    Sorry....I'll hush.

Thread Information