Widgets Magazine

Thread: Kxy

Default Kxy

Do u guys think that KXY is going to flip formats in the future, I mean they broadcast Yard Dawgs games, OSU games, now they are going to broadcast the OKC Barons hockey games as well, do I smell format change to all sports (like we need a another all sports station in this town), or do u think they may change to talk radio (despite they already have KTOK on their HD-2 channel) or something else or just keep the format they aready have.

2. Default Re: Kxy

I'd love to see Oklahoma City have an FM talk station like Tulsa does.

3. Default Re: Kxy

.... They should remain the best country station in the metro. Sadly I miss hearing them. :-(

Default Re: Kxy

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    I'd love to see Oklahoma City have an FM talk station like Tulsa does.
    You mean the rebroadcast of KRMG on 102.3?

5. Default Re: Kxy

Well yes. I didn't mean a different station, but even KTOK FM would be ok. Sometimes i don't get the AM signals as well as FM. I love talk radio, so more and different talk would be awesome for me.

I like to see a FM talk station in the city, I think it would probably do good, a simulcast of KTOK would be great also, and I think 96.1 could be it, also I heard a rumor recently that KRXO could be flipping formats, maybe KOKC can be on FM as well.

I hope KXY doesn't flip. I enjoy the Classic Country on there.

KRXO simulcasting KOKC? ROFLMAO Highly doubtful.

9. Default Re: Kxy

KRXO has, on a bad day, four times the audience of KOKC; they're not going to sacrifice that.

I think it's time KXY flipped. We have enough country stations, and there's no compelling reason why Clear Channel should own two of them.

10. Default Re: Kxy

KXY shouldn't flip. It's the best country station! I switched from the Twister to KXY (this was when the Twister started having more commercials than music)!

11. Default Re: Kxy

Quote Originally Posted by theparkman81 View Post
    ... do I smell format change to all sports (like we need a another all sports station in this town)...
    OKC does need another sports station, or at the very least have AM 1340 simulcast on FM somewhere.

As far as your question, I don't know if KXY is going through a format change. Don't they also broadcast high school games as well?

I have to agree there. They are only pulling roughly 1.0-1.3 in the arbitron ratings.

Thread Information