Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU will be going to the SEC

1. Default OU will be going to the SEC

J. Heupel, Okla asst. & former OU QB, confirmed the move to move to the SEC Thurs. evening @ Independence bowl banquet.

2. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

Funny thing is that now Josh is denying he said it. So who knows what is really going on. I have a feeling he knows and said the right answer and then was told later not to say any more.

Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

We'll all kow soon enough. I wish the Big XII would stay together but now we have to open positions to fill. We either become the Big 10 and give the Big XII name to the former Big 10, that was 11, and is now 12 or we add 2 more teams - or even make the Big 12 a 16 member league.

The new Big XVI

1. Missouri
    2. Kansas
    3. Kansas St
    4. Iowa St
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Oklahoma St
    7. Texas
    8. Texas AM
    9. Texas Tech
    10. Baylor
    11. TCU
    12. SMU
    13. Tulsa
    14. Cincinnati
    15. BYU
    16. Utah

It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame wants to do something.

Not the SEC, the PAC 10.......

If OU goes to the SEC my hate alliance will be in chaos.

I think OU is a better fit for the SEC, geographically speaking and tradition speaking. The SEC is full of teams with swagger and a storied history of impressive football. The PAC 10, not so much. I'd rather be in the company of LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, etc. than the PAC 10 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    If OU goes to the SEC my hate alliance will be in chaos.
    LOL - I will probably just have to hate everyone unless they have an OU on the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame wants to do something.
    If I was the Big 10(11)((12)) I would force NDs hand. I would not allow Big 10 schools to schedule any games against them in any sport. You would see ND fold in a heartbeat. ND play 3 to 5 Big 10 schools every year in football. This would kill their tv, revenue and fan base.

Their first 3 games next season are Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St.

10. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by krisb View Post
    I think OU is a better fit for the SEC, geographically speaking and tradition speaking. The SEC is full of teams with swagger and a storied history of impressive football. The PAC 10, not so much. I'd rather be in the company of LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, etc. than the PAC 10 teams.
    Only if OSU, Texas and A&M went, too.

One things for sure. We'll all know about Nebraska here in about 25 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    If I was the Big 10(11)((12)) I would force NDs hand. I would not allow Big 10 schools to schedule any games against them in any sport. You would see ND fold in a heartbeat. ND play 3 to 5 Big 10 schools every year in football. This would kill their tv, revenue and fan base.

Their first 3 games next season are Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St.
    All of the other conferences should have done this years ago...

"Hey Notre Dame... you will not play any team in our conference until you join the Big 10"

They would have been running to join.

Plus how do you be in Big East in basketball yet not in football?

It was all decided by a few guys in a conference room a few weeks ago.

14. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

We'll all kow soon enough. I wish the Big XII would stay together but now we have to open positions to fill. We either become the Big 10 and give the Big XII name to the former Big 10, that was 11, and is now 12 or we add 2 more teams - or even make the Big 12 a 16 member league.

The new Big XVI

1. Missouri
    2. Kansas
    3. Kansas St
    4. Iowa St
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Oklahoma St
    7. Texas
    8. Texas AM
    9. Texas Tech
    10. Baylor
    11. TCU
    12. SMU
    13. Tulsa
    14. Cincinnati
    15. BYU
    16. Utah
    Personally I think this conference stinks. I like the idea of super conferences more than just making more teams BCS members. The super conferences is probably a step towards a playoff system. Just adding Utah and Cincinnati to a BCS conference does nothing for that. And honestly I don't like the idea of a conference of 16 schools where only two of us are legitimate football powers. In the Pac 16 there would be at least 4/16 which benefits not only those four (OU, Texas, USC, Oregon) but also the other rising schools such as Texas Tech, Oklahoma State..and even those once-great schools that are trying to make a comeback such as A&M, UCLA, ASU, Washington, etc. The Pac-16, according to Mike Holder, would also have 35% of TV sets in the U.S. That's just too rich to pass up. Just adding the Utah TV market doesn't keep the Big 12 competitive...and Cincy will never be able to offer much control over Ohio markets and adding more Texas and Oklahoma schools is pointless because we already control those markets.

NewsOK is now reporting that it's gonna be the Pac-10 after all.

16. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

We've known that all week..

17. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

LOL - I will probably just have to hate everyone unless they have an OU on the helmet.
    That's the only solution I can see in this mess.

I think it would be stinking hysterical if Tue. a.m., the UT folk announced they had just voted to wait and see what OU plans to do

Money is interesting....

21. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

As of now, OU, OSU, TX, T-tech, Colorado to the PAC 10. TA&M has a number of regents who want to look into the SEC more.

22. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by krisb View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

23. Default Re: OU will be going to the SEC

OU's gonna go wherever Texas goes.

So the Pac 10 has the big suspensions for violations, which mean no playoffs for the next 2 years, this leads to massive revenue loss. Your sure OU is going to bite the bullet like that?

Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    So the Pac 10 has the big suspensions for violations, which mean no playoffs for the next 2 years, this leads to massive revenue loss. Your sure OU is going to bite the bullet like that?
    ??????

Thread Information