Widgets Magazine

Thread: University Town Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Now there is a huge rumor of hollywood theatres being completly renovated in september, so i guess that officially means the theatre in UNP has been scrapped. I was even told that UNP put a bid on The Warren back before they settled on moore, but lost the bid obviosuly. So now most norman movie goers spend their money in moore, because look at that parking lot over at hollywood and its empty even on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by kwash View Post
    Now there is a huge rumor of hollywood theatres being completly renovated in september, so i guess that officially means the theatre in UNP has been scrapped. I was even told that UNP put a bid on The Warren back before they settled on moore, but lost the bid obviosuly. So now most norman movie goers spend their money in moore, because look at that parking lot over at hollywood and its empty even on weekends.
    I live in Norman, and I don't think its bad at all to have Warren in Moore, we can't have everything, and I don't mind driving a couple miles up the road for a nice movie theater like The Warren. I know people who drive from OKC and Midwest City to go to The Warren, its just a major attraction, and people would go there, whereever it was located.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I live in Norman, and I don't think its bad at all to have Warren in Moore, we can't have everything, and I don't mind driving a couple miles up the road for a nice movie theater like The Warren. I know people who drive from OKC and Midwest City to go to The Warren, its just a major attraction, and people would go there, whereever it was located.
    It's true we lost the bid, partly because our city leaders were very, uh, unaccommodating with Warren business group. While I understand what you're saying, G., it is also undeniable we're losing a lot of business and sale tax dollars to Moore. The Fort Thunder Harley Davidson shop next door to the Warren was also going to come to Norman (they were going wherever Warren went), so we lost that too.

Our city leaders should be more receptive (reasonably, of course) to such businesses in the future, but this one is done and we lost. Let's look forward to getting the next big one looking to move to town.

If the Hollywood is renovated, that would be great news because it's dearly needs it. I would consider going back. Perhaps they'll add an IMAX--that would really help them compete with Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    It's true we lost the bid, partly because our city leaders were very, uh, unaccommodating with Warren business group. While I understand what you're saying, G., it is also undeniable we're losing a lot of business and sale tax dollars to Moore. The Fort Thunder Harley Davidson shop next door to the Warren was also going to come to Norman (they were going wherever Warren went), so we lost that too.

Our city leaders should be more receptive (reasonably, of course) to such businesses in the future, but this one is done and we lost. Let's look forward to getting the next big one looking to move to town.

If the Hollywood is renovated, that would be great news because it's dearly needs it. I would consider going back. Perhaps they'll add an IMAX--that would really help them compete with Warren.
    I can tell you as a former Ft. Thunder Employee, this statement is 100% false, Norman was never considered when Bryan's/Ft. Thunder was looking for the right place to build their new store. You need a new source for you information.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    There was never a movie theater planned for N. Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I can tell you as a former Ft. Thunder Employee, this statement is 100% false, Norman was never considered when Bryan's/Ft. Thunder was looking for the right place to build their new store. You need a new source for you information.
    Based upon the first quote and how you were proved wrong, I am going to go ahead and say you are the one that needs a new source for your information, not king.

Does anyone know why the City keeps cancelling the TIF oversight committee meetings? Four of the last five at least have been cancelled.

7. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    The best thing they could do, is just rebuild at UNP and tear the old one down. Then they can fix that stupid intersection along the service road. Also it would open up for that parcel of land to be used for either a couple more restaurants (cause we don't have enough obviously /sarcasm) or another hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    The best thing they could do, is just rebuild at UNP and tear the old one down. Then they can fix that stupid intersection along the service road. Also it would open up for that parcel of land to be used for either a couple more restaurants (cause we don't have enough obviously /sarcasm) or another hotel.
    All the roads around the UNP are very strange. I have not been able to figure out what they were thinking.

Thread Information