Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Downtown Boulevard

Default Re: New Downtown Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Are you asking how the new blvd will cross the main north/south tracks through downtown OKC? Right now I-40 goes over them. I think the new blvd will need to go under.
    Kerry, don't recall now where the Boulevard connects with the relocated I-40 on the east end...is it possible it might not end up crossing the rail tracks at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Kerry, don't recall now where the Boulevard connects with the relocated I-40 on the east end...is it possible it might not end up crossing the rail tracks at all?
    The original plan was to have it tie into the existing 1-35/40 interchange. It is going to have to go under the elevated tracks.

3. Default Re: New Downtown Boulevard

@Kerry, Yes I was wanting to know if the new boulevard would cross over the N/S lines of the train tracks. It would suck to be elevated above, at grade would cause too much congestion when a train is crossing, and under seems more of a possibility.

off subject, but I like the George C. Wallis Tunnels in Mobile, Alabama.

@mmonroe - is that the one that passes underground on the drive from I-10? If so, I agree - on the drive home from Florida one year, I took that route, and it was rather cool and unexpected.

5. Default Re: New Downtown Boulevard

Those are the ones, I was taking I-10 out to Panama City Beach and I was passing through there. I liked it. Wish we had tunnels in OKC.

What would they go under in OKC? The only thing I can think of would be the river.

The river isn't like the Chesapeake Bay which they tunneled under in Norfolk. Are there any sand hogs in our area?

Mt. Trashmore, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Mt. Trashmore, duh!
    Don't ask me how I know, but tunneling through trash isn't a good idea.

I thought everyone did that?

Dang. There goes my Sunday afternoon hobby.

I spent a week in Mexico City last month and the traffic was amazing. Got caught in a grid lock that lasted three hours. I was impressed however with how courteous the drivers were to others the whole week I was there.

Don't ask me how I know, but tunneling through trash isn't a good idea.
    Neither is swimming or boating in a cess pool, but it is an Olympic training site and it was swum in a triathlon.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Neither is swimming or boating in a cess pool, ...
    Why do you think that? I really do want to know. Is it the water color, the rock along the bank, or something else?

Kerry, the cess pool comment was probably talking about the fecal contamination (or something along those lines) that caused some of the athletes to become sick after swimming in the river

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Kerry, the cess pool comment was probably talking about the fecal contamination (or something along those lines) that caused some of the athletes to become sick after swimming in the river
    So somewhere, somehow, the water became contaminated. Do they know where it came from? There is a big cow complex called the Oklahoma City Stockyards right next to the river upstream.

So somewhere, somehow, the water became contaminated. Do they know where it came from? There is a big cow complex called the Oklahoma City Stockyards right next to the river upstream.
    You're speaking of Stockyards, and that's exactly where it came from. The source was traced to this location and corrective action was taken to prevent future incidents. This was all over the news and in the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    You're speaking of Stockyards, and that's exactly where it came from. The source was traced to this location and corrective action was taken to prevent future incidents. This was all over the news and in the papers.
    Thanks for the update. Makes you wonder what has been seeping into the river before they put a dam on it. Without MAPS 1 they might have never found this.

Thread Information