Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lynn, Bill and KC

Default Lynn, Bill and KC

My coworker got a tweet this morning from KC Shepherd saying something about her and Lynn and Bill lost their jobs from 93.3 kkng. She already deleted it so we arent sure if it was one of all of them. Does anyone know what is going on with them?

Default Re: Lynn, Bill and KC

I can answer this question for you. Three full time employees were released yesterday, KC Sheperd and Bill Thomas from the morning show and James Ayers from the afternoons.

I hope this helps.

James Ayers

This is a direct quote from KC's Facebook page

"Bill Thomas, KC Sheperd, and James Ayers are no longer with KKNG radio. You can find KC & Bill here on facebook."

Personally, I never was thrilled with her on air voice, but she can really sing well. She sounds a lot like Reba MacEntire. And by looking at her picture on Facebook, she really looks great.

She should sing professionally, if she doesn't already.

So Sorry to hear about that James. I really enjoyed listening to you guys. I hope you all 3 find a job really soon.

Seems like everything is being shook up and redone, the KKNG website has very little info on it when you click on the links. Also says a new station is comming that will be playing the old country KKNG used to play.

Quote Originally Posted by pritchbrian View Post
    So Sorry to hear about that James. I really enjoyed listening to you guys. I hope you all 3 find a job really soon.

Thanks Brian. I really appreciate the kind words.

I didn't want to get back in to radio, but my wife at the time made me go in and talk to Kevin Christopher back in 1998. I wanted nothing to do with radio, but I found out quickly that this company was much different from what I had worked for in the past. I lasted twelve years longer than I had expected, and had some great times along the way. The one thing I will miss the most is the connection with the listeners that would call. I know many dj's who hate to answer the phone and think that the listeners are nothing but an interruption to their show, but for me, it was just the opposite. I could not have had the fun that I did without the telephone in the studio. I also learned many lessons by it as well. Some I will never forget.

KKNG went on the air in 1998, and since that time, I have spoken with listeners who had been with us since the very beginning. One in particular would call me once or twice a week. This person was going through some pretty traumatic circumstances in her life, and I didn't know what else to do but to just be friendly and talk to her.

Our conversations continued weekly until a few months ago. The last time I spoke with her, she thanked me for talking to her. She revealed to me that many times during the course of our conversations over the years, that she was going through things that she didn't think she could make it through. She told me that she wanted to commit suicide on several occasions, and she would call, we would talk, and she somehow managed to get a handle on things. I had no idea that anything like this was going on in her life. And I'm glad that I took time to talk to her, and thousands that were probably just like her.

If you are lucky enough to still have a job in radio, and you're sitting in your studio watching the lights blink on your phone, answer it and talk to them. You never know how many others there are out there just like Janice. And even though you think you're not making a difference, you are.

I am finished with radio. It's been a great 12 years, but it's time to move on. I will say that I am sincerely thankful for the opportunity to have served our listeners and our community.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    Seems like everything is being shook up and redone, the KKNG website has very little info on it when you click on the links. Also says a new station is comming that will be playing the old country KKNG used to play.
    I just went into their website, and it appears to be an entirely new station with the frequency of 97.3. If it's true classic country, then I will listen more often.

I would like to see them bring back all of the former KEBC staff. One I know is dead (Jay Shankle), and Dave Martin is at KOMA. The others, other than Lynn Waggoner, I have no idea.

8. Default Re: Lynn, Bill and KC

James - I called you about a Marty Stuart track one day and listened to you on air. You are right. The relationship with the listener is critical. When I heard you it was obvious you were having a great time. I wish you well!!

Chris
    Radio OKC - Where it's all about the music!

Thank you Chris,

James

Thread Information