Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

1. Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Anyone else notice Paco Balderrama in the opening scene? He was only on screen for a few seconds at a time.
    We thought that was him! Was he supposed to be checking out Grace or Ham?? Little confused there.

Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

He was staring down Ham (I think that's the Longhorn guy), like in the old west.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

3. Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

No, Ada's the Texas fan that Barry was staring down.

I was asking about the scene with Paco.

4. Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

Renewed for season 3.

"Few series on television are as daring as this one," Turner programming boss Michael Wright says of "Saving Grace," which stars Holly Hunter as a hard-living Oklahoma City cop who's watched over by a "last-chance angel" (Leon Rippy). "We're thrilled to be welcoming it back."
    TNT Renews 'Saving Grace,' 'Raising the Bar' - Both shows will return in 2009 - Zap2it

Did you guys see that Saving Grace was canceled.
    http://newsok.com/studio-loses-money...ad_story_photo

Saw the news. It gets about a 1/2 season for season 3 and then it'll be gone.

Color me bummed. I felt the same way when HBO Carnivale was killed off after season 2.
    Sometimes I think it would be better for shows if I remained ho hum about them. I have the worst luck in getting into a show and this happening.

by the by, if anyone is reading this from HBO, True Blood is completely awful, terrible, can't imagine why it is on the airwaves (so leave it da #(%$&$#^ alone, awite?)

7. Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

i really really tried to get into this show and just couldnt. sometimes there would be an episode where i thought the show might be turning a corner, but most of the time it was just meh. not surprised to see it go.

I'm not terribly difficult to please. I like Hunter and three other actors on the show, and their roles don't suck.

As a result, I have found it easy to forgive the parts of the show which do. One such quirk is the naming every one after towns. I kept being concened they would introduce a new informant, a chubby asian hooker affectionately called Gut, real name Hrie.

I'll miss the show, warts and all, once it is gone

9. Default Re: Saving Grace back on lastnight.

Hunter's performance is always great, but I had trouble getting into it as well. I would TiVo it and have it on while doing other things, just to hear all the OKC references. There were SO many.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

10. Default Re: Saving Grace back on last night.

While Fox Television Studios’ decision to cancel TNT’s “Saving Grace” was unusual in that the drama was still faring well in the ratings, the move made sense financially.

Series will end its run after nine episodes scheduled for next summer.

“Saving Grace,” which stars Holly Hunter, wasn’t doing nearly as well outside the U.S., and DVD sales were weak. Plus, with season orders that were small, it seemed unlikely that enough episodes would be made to earn syndication dollars.

The skein, about an Oklahoma City detective who solves crimes while trying to keep her erratic personal life in order, was garnering 3.5 million viewers per episode.

A spokesman for Fox Television Studios, which produces the show, said: “In today’s rapidly changing television world, shows need to drive revenue off too many sources in order to be profitable for all the partners. Unfortunately, the economics of the series mandated stronger international and ancillary revenue than the show was able to generate. We thought an appropriate ending after three extremely successful seasons was the best outcome for all parties involved.”

The show faced rising production costs, as dramas in their later seasons typically face higher salaries for their primary performers. And “Saving Grace” had visual effects not typical of most procedurals.

Hunter is one of a growing number of film actresses who have made their way to cable. Kyra Sedgwick has starred in “The Closer” for five seasons, and Glenn Close won an Emmy last year for FX’s “Damages.” When the show aired earlier this spring, the ratings took a substantial hit against original broadcast fare. While fans of the show will be upset that “Saving Grace” is leaving the air, creator Nancy Miller will now have the time to give it a proper ending. Showrunners often fume at networks that cancel their shows without all the loose ends tied up.

I was sad to hear the show had been canceled. I have started a group on Facebook called Let's Save "Saving Grace". Any of you on Facebook are more than welcome to join.

Only saw a few episodes and thought they were kinda "corney" but, liked the Oklahoma slant. I didn't kmow anything about the show until mentioned here.

Thread Information