Widgets Magazine

Thread: towns with bad cops.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: towns with bad cops.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    By the way, it is a myth that they have a monthly ticket quota. Such a quota is against the law.
    really??..i learn something new everyday. so, if theres no monthly quota then what is the pressure that keeps them active on writing tickets and not simply loafing around all day looking at pretty girls walking by?

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    really??..i learn something new everyday. so, if theres no monthly quota then what is the pressure that keeps them active on writing tickets and not simply loafing around all day looking at pretty girls walking by?
    I wonder if there is an unwritten donut quota? LOL. Just kidding Sgt. Stadanko.

And since I am not a cop hater, I want to add that we have a great sheriff in our small town of Hooterville.

The city cops in Hooterville make a miserable $8.00/hour. Who can live on that?

Why would a CCW keep a person from getting a ticket? That's stupid. Does that make you special? I thought only blonde bombshells with hooters tshirts on get to slide.

Would you prefer your tax dollars to pay the salary of an officer who sat around all day? Or would you rather the money go towards someone who upholds the law(s) as described in the city ordnances of the city as well as the state statutes of Oklahoma?

Like was mentioned... there are no quotas. There may be a number of "contacts" required by each officer during the course of his shift. But those are to prove the officer isn't lazy and is earning his pay. Contacts are gained by traffic stops be it a citation or a warning as well as field interviews of suspicious persons. If the officer wants to write tickets... he can write as many as he wants.

On the flip side, you will find guys who pretty much only write warnings. I will admit it is very hard to write warnings after working upwards of five traffic accidents per day which could have been easily avoided by obeying the rather simple traffic laws on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Would you prefer your tax dollars to pay the salary of an officer who sat around all day?
    uh, no..id actually prefer my tax dollars to stay with me and to see more of them coming my way way when i file my taxes., and for all these bored cops to leave me and other motorists the flip alone and stop being a bunch of cowards and go after the real criminals: gangbangers, thieves, murderers, etc.

I don't know about bad cops, but Forest Park is notorious for writing speeding tickets. So keep you need for speed down as you travel through their lovely township.

uh, no..id actually prefer my tax dollars to stay with me and to see more of them coming my way way when i file my taxes., and for all these bored cops to leave me and other motorists the flip alone and stop being a bunch of cowards and go after the real criminals: gangbangers, thieves, murderers, etc.
    You'd be amazed at how many "real criminals" are apprehended on "routine" traffic stops. They drive too. I would hardly say an officer is being a "coward" for making a traffic stop. There is more than enough dash cam footage out there showing the murder of police officers making simple traffic stops.

On the other hand... do your part. If something "minor" ever happens to you don't call the police. They can't apprehend a "real criminal" if they are doing an accident report for you or telling your neighbors to stop playing their drums and guitars at midnight.

You gave us the reason in your OP. Remember that shortfall in revenue issue you mentioned?

Thread Information