Widgets Magazine

Thread: Toby Keith's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Design for Toby Keith venue

Look closely at the artists rendering. You can tell on the first level where it contains brick. The rest looks like it may be stucco. A design element quite under used in Oklahoma. Stucco, to me, looks better than brick.

Hey, Now that is a novel idea... Stuccotown.

2. Post Re: Design for Toby Keith venue

Patrick:

A great example of mixed use is Vancouver's Wall Centre. The complex consists of three towers with over 700 hotel rooms. The tallest tower (currently the tallest tower in Van City) has condo's on the top 12 floors. This is arguably the best Sheraton hotel anywhere!

Wall Centre, downtown Vancouver
    http://www.sheratonwallcentre.com/ [be sure to watch the film!]

Vancouver has many other mixed use examples. Another example is the soon to be built Living Shangri-La, a 60+ storey tower that will be the tallest in Van City. The bottom 12 will be a 5-star Shangri-La hotel (adding to the 4 other 5-stars downtown Van), while the upper will be condos. It would be great to own the top penthouse in that tower! I will try to copy/paste pics in here.

How do I post a pic, I have a great image of Living Shangri-La. Plz PM. Thx
    Living Shangri-La, downtown Vancouver

Another supertall will be built at Georgia and Howe. It will look like a giant crystal, but will have the same config as Living Shangri-La. I believe it will also be a five star hotel with condos on top. As if Van did not have enough fine accomodations downtown, more are coming to the New York of the West Coast.

There is a downtown conference there in a few weeks. I sent an email to downtownokc and okc muni to make sure they knew about it and/or were attending.

Vancouver surely has lead the world in downtown living and design. I sure wish OKC could implement some Vancouver condo concepts! We in Seattle are trying, but they are priced out of our market right now (most are over $1mil).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information