Widgets Magazine

Thread: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Exclamation Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Cowboy
    On the other hand..Omaha has had establishments for several months/years that are just now considering/entering the OKC market like Red Robin/Chipolte/White House-Black Market/Caribou Coffee/The Melting Pot etc..

Dave & Buster's has recently opened in Omaha and is in some pretty exclusive company as there are only 35 locations nationwide..D & B's ownership considers Omaha a 'test-market' of sorts to see how their establishment will fly in a secondary mid-sized market..So far, it's been a big hit..Which bodes well for both OKC and Tulsa..

And as a point of reference, Bed Bath and Beyond has been in Omaha for awhile now..The development I mentioned in an earlier post is their third location planned for metro Omaha (and it just opened last month)..

Easily, Omaha is on par with OKC and Tulsa as it relates to retail offerings..

And I see things getting even better for all 3 cities in the near future..

Cheesecake Factory anyone? ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Honestly, those are all chains!

Here in Seattle, we dont really have much of them. Yes, we do have some Red Robins (as they started here) and we have ONE Cheesecake Factory in the whole Seattle Metro Area (3.7 million people, by the way). But here, we have WAY MORE local restaurants!!!

that is really what makes a big city interesting and prosperous that people remember, lots of local only venues. OKC has way more local than Omaha, it doesnt really mean much because a city is a test market.

Good luck to you and hope you feel better that you get national chain restaurants sooner than OKC. That is usually the case for smaller markets, by the way!!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa

Hot Rod posted:

'OKC has way more local than Omaha, it doesnt really mean much because a city is a test market.'..

Uh..Are you sure about that one? All large and secondary makets have 'chains'..But what has made Omaha strong over the years is it's wide variety of high quality LOCAL establishments..Which made many of the major chains shy away..Until the past 3 years as Omaha has grown into a secondary market from a tertiary one..And now boasts a metro poulation of 850,000..

My test market reference was attached to Dave & Buster's only NOT the entire Omaha market as a whole..But I guess people read what they want to read and filter out other important stuff in order to make their overall point sometimes..

And you're going to need to show me your quantitative 'study' that backs your above quoted statement because I'm here to tell you..It's NOT accurate by a LONG shot..

Hot Rod also posted:

'Good luck to you and hope you feel better that you get national chain restaurants sooner than OKC. That is usually the case for smaller markets, by the way!!!'..

Now lets not get offended buddy..And as it relates to markets, OKC and Omaha and Tulsa are ALL considered secondary ones..Study up on that one if you would..You may also learn that Omaha/OKC/Tulsa are very simliar markets pretty much in the same boat..Another thing you might learn is that minus perhaps the top 20 US metro markets, national chains have pretty much invaded markets 21 through 100 Of which OKC #48, Tulsa #58, and Omaha #60 are ALL included..Now THAT you can feel good about I'm sure ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Thread Information