Sorry, I disagree.

Bricktown (in my view) is or should be a melting pot for all kinds of good things to do downtown, and for all people who have a wide range of interests. I think that "melting pots" are a good thing, which, I think, is what this country actually is. An Ihop will be very comfortable for many who like such things. It shouldn't be considered as offensive to those who don't. A Nonna's will be good for those who want something special and upscale. It shouldn't be considered as a "don't come here" sign to those who just want a hot pancake breakfast.

Bricktown's value is that it attracts ALL of us to downtown and for many different reasons. And, so, my vote goes to, "The more, the merrier." I think that there is plenty of room for all.

No need exists for any viewpoint to be mutually exclusive of the other, in my opinion. I see it as a good thing for everyone to be attracted, participate, and enjoy Bricktown, which is to say, downtown Oklahoma City. I mean, it's not like an Ihop is going to ruin Bricktown, is it?

If that's so, isn't Spaghetti Warehouse, which I consider to be the spark that got Bricktown going, and at considerable risk in their venture in Bricktown, a chain? See http://www.meatballs.com/restaurant_locator.cfm

As I see it, there ought to be places in Bricktown for those who want to find anything their hearts desire. And, the more, the merrier. In the downtown Oklahoma City of old (pre-urban renewal), that was certainly the case, and, I think, it ought to be so now.

I don't think that downtown Oklahoma City's entertainment area, presently Bricktown, will be well served by catering ONLY to that part of the population which has the greater wealth. Nonnas is not going to be harmed by an Ihop, or vice versa, as I see it. I mean, is anyone old enough here to remember the pre-urban renewal days ... did a Katz Drug Store, or an Anna Maudes, or even a 5 and dime store, keep you from going to the Cooper Cinerama, or to Rothschilds, or to Browns? What is going on here with this snobbish sense about what Bricktown, "our" (all Oklahoma Citians) entertainment district should be limited to? Personally, I consider an elitist attitude about what Bricktown to be generally unfriendly, even hostile, to the majority of Oklahoma City's population (and, Patrick, that's how I see your post).

Shouldn't downtown be a place for us all to come togehter and enjoy and relish in our sense of pride in this great city? Or, should it just be for some.

Bricktown belongs to all of us, affluent or not. That's my opinion.