The kernel of my thought was that arrogance and/or condesension are less than desirable qualities ... and perhaps I was guilty of that, too. It just irks me that some seem to think that people like Toby Keith, and/or his new bar & grill, don't belong in their personal "vision" of Bricktown. Nonna' & Toby's places complement each other, as I see it. But, I didn't say or mean to imply that all Oklahoman's are either rednecks or part of the redneck scene, as you put it, even though those features are certainly a part of the mix into which we are all a part. But, then, it just may be that that is just one of many stupid ideas of mine.
OK, cool. I didn't mean to sound particularly harsh. I just don't want this to get blown up where Toby Keith's is given more significance than it has and for it to be treated as some sort of defining OKC icon. It is not.

And, as far as I my personal "vision" is concerned, I have no real beef with Toby's or its redneck theme, as much as I feel that the way in which it was done just continues Lower Bricktown's departure from the bricktown aesthetic as a whole. Honestly, if this was a development of converted use in bricktown proper, I'd probably be all for it. The fact that it is not "urban" has less to do with its theme and more to do with its design and placement. I just don’t feel that it is bringing anything new to OKC in style and atmosphere, which, and maybe I'm wrong, was what I thought we taxed ourselves to do. These developers are benefiting from a great deal of public investment, but have chosen to just recreate Memorial Road downtown. But, I probably just sound like a broken record on that point and what's done is done.